Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great time and awesome racing at Moses Lake

RaysonKid
    The nostalgia circle racing is getting better and better here in the Northwest.
    There where 14 boats that showed up and the side by side racing was great.
    There were at least two blown motors (Winter projects).
    And unfortunatly one flip on Sunday. The "Sweet Caroline" chimed and pitched the driver and rolled over. The driver was banged up and sore. But otherwise O.K.
    The club, rescue boat and diver all did a fantastic job and the boat was retrived and back on the trailer within 45 minutes of the accident.
    A big thank you to Boyd, George, Justin, Robbie and all the other great racers I met and allowed us to help with the launch operations.
    I think the race went very well and the club is coming together.
    I will do what ever it takes to come out with a boat next summer and partake in the fun.

boatguy222
    Raysonkid,
    Sorry I couldn't make it, had to go get the new boat, sounds like it was a great time. see you next yeat at Banks Lake!

72 superlite
    Like my brother said, some great racing. Met some great people. Had a ball helping launch and retrieve the classics. I also got quite a few still shots in the pits and at the ramp. plus some video of the racing and the crash. As soon as I get the film developed I will post.

CircleJerk
    WOW, A BIG thank you!! Rick and Jeff. {Opps, your identity is out} I am so emotional today and was worse last night, so I am so glad you fellas posted for me. The good news is: Muffler Mark is home from the hospital with NO broken bones or spine injury. Further tests may be neccessary on his legs but for now they are just major bruises! The Sweet Caroline only lost two air stacks and appears to have sustained NO damage.
    Since I was the boat following him through turn 4, his lead ,{flew by me like I was standing still!}placed him in the straight chute while I was still concentrating on the turn. I looked for the flag and didnt see his overturned Black boat but did see the emergency flag. SS83 handled great all weekend and only the driver was having a tough time being smooth and consistant. The Lavey instantly responded to my sharper left turn when I finally saw the bright orange and red helmet and life jacket right in front of me! I was wide open at the time! George and I drove to the pits after seeing Mark was OK, waving his arms, and the rescue boat right beside him. I stopped within 50 feet of 'Caroline'!
    Too much excitement for this old bald JeRk!
    RESULTS: FAST Heat A on Sunday {1Mile course}
    1st George Nordling SS78 Bezer Oregon City
    2nd Boyd Schnell SS83 LaveyCraft
    3rd Dave (The Honcho}'B-Boat' Oregon City Oregon #SS77 He finally passed the spinning bald guy! Great Fun!
    Heat B
    1st Justin {Hondo} #535 CourdeAlene Idaho
    2nd Robbie {DRAG SANGER} SS27 Spokane WA.
    3rd Don and Jerry {Rayson Craft} Milton Freewater
    Heat C or the Ski Class
    1st Mr. Excitement Bill #65 FORD 427 Spokane, Wa
    2nd Robin (Blondie) SK87 LaveyCraft Spokane, Wa
    3rd Mr. Lakewold (Sanger)#12 Priest River Id. Rookie!
    See you all NEXT year, It will be even bigger, so the JeRk predicts......

RaysonKid
    Mark, Glad to hear you were able to make a deal on that hull.
    Will we see it next summer?
    Jerk, You did a great job driving. I think lots of guys were shook up.
    Glad that Mark is home and OK(sore I bet). The boat "Sweet Caroline" shouldnt need a whole lot of work.

boatguy222
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RaysonKid:
    [QB] Mark, Glad to hear you were able to make a deal on that hull.
    Will we see it next summer?
    No, I am pretty sure it will take me 2 years to get it done eek! , but you don't see an 8 color gelcoat boat every day. It well be very nice, Then if I can find someone to drive the thing, you know of anybody with any Starfire driving experince?

CircleJerk
    Yaaaa....We do, Bry Baby!

RaysonKid
    Mark,
    I saw the pictures of the hull after he took the buffer to it. The colors look awesome.
    I dont know of anyone with that kind of driving experiance. Let me know if you need anything. The Dad still has misc. stuff stashed away.. Turns out he has a new Stellings 11 1/2 x 15X prop that Justin is interested in. See ya next summer.
    [ September 23, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: RaysonKid ]

BGMAN203
    any pics?

boatguy222
    RaysonKid:
    Mark,
    I saw the pictures of the hull after he took the buffer to it. The colors look awesome.
    I dont know of anyone with that kind of driving experiance. Let me know if you need anything. The Dad still has misc. stuff stashed away.. Turns out he has a new Stellings 11 1/2 x 15X prop that Justin is interested in. See ya next summer. jeff,
    I am going to start on the bottom next spring, if you guys have a drop threw strut and fin let me know. and if Justin don't want that prop and it a right hand, let me know, I can use it some where.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast