Thread: Johnson Valley

hotsand65
    Never been there, going this weekend for the first time, any info? Are we going to to hit any road closures? We live in Murrieta so will probably take the 215 to the 15!

disco_charger
    Good times, watch for mines (stay on the trails) cause not all of them are marked. I think the 15 does have some closures this weekend. I like JV. It's where I day trip out to. The place is pretty big.

hotsand65
    Thank you! Do I need paddles out there?

MBlaster
    You won't need paddles. The area is huge. Have a great time.

throttlejunkie
    Johnson Valley is cool, but it is soooo far off the freeway. Stoddard Valley is way better. Right off the freeway in Barstow..you should check it out..

Havasu Luvr
    To answer your question. Yes the NORTHBOUND I-15 at the 215 will be closed from Friday evening until Monday morning. I'm guessing you're coming 215 from Murrieta so it shouldn't effect you very much.
    Johnson Valley is also home to the Mojave Green sneakysnake. They are still out as of 2 weeks ago. Be observant.
    Rio http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._wht_18124.gif
    I-15 north to I-15 north juction (215) is suppose to be close from 8am SATURDAY - 8am MONDAY not friday evening. Yes, take the 215 north all th way, Have fun and be safe

NOTALENT
    Johnson Valley is cool, but it is soooo far off the freeway. Stoddard Valley is way better. Right off the freeway in Barstow..you should check it out..
    Im with you on this...I love Stoddard Wells. I have been going there for years. They have some nice washes and Desert trails oh.....and the Slash X ride is great.

disco_charger
    Thank you! Do I need paddles out there?
    No paddles. There's very little sand. Cool thing about the place is it's never real busy.