Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sandals resorts,vacation help

anyone been to them?how was it?how was the flight?planning a vacation for feb. and thinking about going there.want to do a all-inclusive deal was thinking about cancun but have heard alot of bad stories about the place.any other ideal places you have been with a max flight of 6 hours and a budget of around 5k.2 adults

Havasu1986
    Sandals I've been to: Jamaica Dunns River and Negril, St Lucia Grand and the Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas. Been to Aventura in Cancun. All inclusive is the only way to go. 5k for 2 is about right. Book it now the snowbirds like it there. Jamaica is our favorite.

yea i see that alot of the stuff for jan is booked so we moved to feb and alot of that is booked also.thanks

voodoomedman
    Stay out of Montego Bay. Go to a resort town.
    Negril is supposed to be really nice but you have the guys bugging you on the beach. Ocho Rios it's hard for them to get to the water so they don't bother you. Also Whitehouse is the newest one and when my sister in law was there they weren't bothered one bit. Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay are ratholes. Sandals Inn is also in the rathole Montego Bay and it is a tiny resort with little amenities. You have to go to the other resorts to use anything. They flight on Jamaica air is okay. Old Airbuses not super clean. Don't be all excited about the free beer. You'll get one with the beverage service and have to chase them down and kick their a$$ for anymore.

socalmoney
    We got to Cancun a lot and we love this place. The food is out of this world. The service is top notch and the beds are so comfortable, that is hard to say for a bed in Mexico.
    http://www.leblancresort.com/
    http://www.leblancresort.com/graphic...photo4_new.jpg

i do not want to have to deal with the locals selling there stuff.they get to do that at sandals?i want to get some place kick it and not worry about nothing but where my next drink is.

We got to Cancun a lot and we love this place. The food is out of this world. The service is top notch and the beds are so comfortable, that is hard to say for a bed in Mexico.
    http://www.leblancresort.com/
    http://www.leblancresort.com/graphic...photo4_new.jpg
    looks very nice,so no hidden fees or time share sells?what did it run for a week with flight?

voodoomedman
    i do not want to have to deal with the locals selling there stuff.they get to do that at sandals?i want to get some place kick it and not worry about nothing but where my next drink is.
    Not on property but their will be a good six of them on surfboards on the water. Damn near ruined our time at Royal Carribean among other things. It's too far for them to swim in Ocho Rios so you don't get it and I think it's the same situation in Whitehouse (That and it's not really a resort town or anything-just a resort out in the middle of the country). Montego Bay is old and they are all there. Flankers neighborhood is nearby and used to be a really really bad part of town. We had a door in the front of the room and a door in the back and would always go in the back and not take advantage of moonlit walks on the beach back to our rooms because the aholes were out there til freaking midnight. If you go stay away from any resort in Montego Bay.

Havasu1986
    At the 4 sandals I have had stayed at the locals are not allowed on the property. But they are nearby. Once or twice a week they will bring in the locals and have booths set up around to sell there merchandise. But they know not to bug or they won't be back. Like the guy said before, the flight is usually a red eye there and avoid staying in Montego Bay. We found that the Jamaicians where the most freindly...YaMaan . But it is a 3rd world country. If you want to go sightseeing every day, go somewhere else. If you want to lay in the sun and enjoy what you have at your resort and maybe sightsee a couple days. Try it. Red Stripe tastes like Bud.

voodoomedman
    Another tip. Tell them not to add the sugarwater to your drinks. You will not get a bellyache and you will be able to actually drink and enjoy the included drinks. Or just stick to the Red Stripe.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast