Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anti sieze on plugs?

wet77
    I have heard somthing about using anti-sieze or something on the threads of my spark plugs for aluminum heads?
    I have changed plugs allready and not noticed any problem removing them.
    Dart pro 1 aluminum heads
    Just wondering :idea:

WETTE VETTE
    It is a good practice to put some antisieze on plugs. It doesn't take much and I always use a little when installing them in my Pro 1's!
    Craig

steelcomp
    Yup. A little goes a long way.

slowasscp
    the only problem with antisieze is that it is not good for grounding the plugs we had a problem at daytona in 02 with ower truck misfireing and the guys from msd told use not to use antisieze any more he said it is ok for your owen cars but not for race cars use motor oil just my .02

wet77
    the only problem with antisieze is that it is not good for grounding the plugs we had a problem at daytona in 02 with ower truck misfireing and the guys from msd told use not to use antisieze any more he said it is ok for your owen cars but not for race cars use motor oil just my .02
    That was my next ? what to use?
    Motor oil?
    I was going to try air tool oil?
    Ideas?
    Thanks for the reply's

Extreme pressure lube

They make a special anti-sieze made for conductivity on battery cable ends etc, it's copper colored. I have some around here somewhere. I wonder if it would be suitable for plugs in alum heads to solve any conductivity issues.

rrrr
    Anti-sieze is like doing a fat chick...... You think a little bit won't be a bad thing, next thing ya know the stuff is all over you and impossible to get rid of.....

Doin' Time
    They make a special anti-sieze made for conductivity on battery cable ends etc, it's copper colored. I have some around here somewhere. I wonder if it would be suitable for plugs in alum heads to solve any conductivity issues.
    ya what rex said!!...but do use something on those threads or go buy a heli-coil set....

steelcomp
    rrr...that's pretty funny...but true. The shit just jumps out of the can and before you're done, no matter how careful you are, it's on your elbow, your nose, your shirt, and it dosen't wipe off!
    I've been using it for near 30 yrs on plugs, and never had any grounding issues. You're not supposed to dip the plug in it! Put it on the threads, and the plug will ground on the tapered seat, or the washer. Threads aren't meant to be electrically conductive, anyway. The seating surface is. Heat is another subject.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast