Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the best alum. BBC heads?

Rocket-J
    For a 540cid or bigger, naturally asperated, pump gas boat motor, what is the best,race ready, bolt on aluminum head you can buy for under $3000 a pair?
    AFR, Dart, Brodix, World, Edelbrock, Trick or someone else? Al

ECeptor
    AFR and Canfield CNC'd heads come highly recommended and are reasonably priced.

WETTE VETTE
    Dart or AFR CNC packages are hard to beat for close to that price.

Rocket-J
    I have the Victor #7765 CNC ported heads now. I have all the flow numbers on them to compair to other heads. From a pure comparison stand point, I don't see any numbers that are much better, however, that may not be the whole picture. More info is appreciated. :idea: Al

WETTE VETTE
    Those CNC Victors are good heads!

RICHARD TILL
    check with rob`s speed shop, mena arkansas, 479-394-1658. thats the same town brodix is made. he can pass on a good deal and sometimes has used heads too. www.robsspeed.com

Rocket-J
    Thanks Fiat. I checked out the info that you advised. It was a big help. Also found the www.chevyhiperformance.com site and their flow charts.
    It also appears to be a big difference between the posted flow rate numbers and the measured flow rate numbers. There is a fair amount of time/cost involved in dyno and flow bench testing. For a lake boat it is okay to purchase the best you can and not spend the money to get the "ultimate" possible flow. Thanks again. Al

Doin' Time
    rocket ...call daves engine @ 1-510-797-9536 ask for angie and tell her rich bandy sent ya...tell her what you got...and she will make them right!......hands down,best cylinder head porting on west coast and its only in newark!
    p.s. those heads are very nice heads......ill give ya 500 bucks for the pair..

kaqster
    Bought my Brodix BB2-Plus alum. heads from Robbs Speed Shop in Mena, Arkansas complete for under $2000.00 and Robb is a great tech question guy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast