Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: anti sieze on plugs?

WETTE VETTE
    Yea, what Steelcomp said! Just a little on the threads, not on the washer! Do you guys torque your plugs or just guess? I normally torque to plug mfg recommended spec. I cannot get to one with a torque wrench so I have to guess on that one. Proper torque is important for proper heat transfer. Too much torque can warp the porcelin and cause the plug to foul.
    Craig

UBFJ #454
    Permatex® - Cooper Anti-Seize Lubricants:
    A premium quality copper anti-seize and thread lubricant that may be used to prevent seizing, corrosion and galling where high temperature conditions exist. Temperature range -30°F to 1800°F (-34°C to 982°C). Provides good electrical conductivity. Meets Mil Spec A-907.
    Suggested applications: Threaded assemblies, slide fit assemblies, hinges, gears, chains and sprockets cables and sheaves, lever pivot points, rollers, oil-still header bolts, furnace equipment threads, retorts, kilns, ovens, etc., exhaust system bolts and studs, cylinder head gaskets and studs, turbine casing studs and marine and coal mining equipment; farm equipment, heavy equipment trucks, cars, industrial equipment, drawing and forming of metals.

franky
    When I use anti-seeze, I put a little on my hands, arms, face, pants, shirt, tools and the whole general work area. That way, I don't worry about what I might get it on.

GofastRacer
    Do you guys torque your plugs or just guess? Craig
    With the washer a 1/4 turn, with the taper a tweak(and not with a breaker bar)..

steelcomp
    When I use anti-seeze, I put a little on my hands, arms, face, pants, shirt, tools and the whole general work area. That way, I don't worry about what I might get it on. No shit. Franky, you're too funny. LOL!

Moneypitt
    A thimble full of anti sieze WILL cover a 2 car garage floor......And the head of a pin will cover an entire steering wheel.........MP

GofastRacer
    That's why you only use a 'dab"!..

LakesOnly
    Frankly, I'm much more worried about the fat chick all over me than I am about the anti-seize all over me.
    You're killing me over here, rrrr.
    LO

steelcomp
    When doing spark plugs, it's best to just open the jar of antisieze, and lay the plugs down next to it. You might want to mask off the portions you don't want any on, but then, just go drink a beer or something. When you come back, there'll be antisieze on them...and anything else within a four foot radius.

steelcomp
    Frankly, I'm much more worried about the fat chick all over me than I am about the anti-seize all over me.
    You're killing me over here, rrrr.
    LO
    C'mon, Lakes. ST told me that you were into fat chicks... make your bottom lip quiver, stuff like that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast