Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: anti sieze on plugs?

GofastRacer
    I use moly grease not so messy, use it on AN fittings also!..

I've heard of it but never used it, where do you get it at???..
    Any Electrical wholesale house should have it. If not, Ace hardware, Grainger, etc should be able to get it. I use it on all battery cables, and wipe every surface connection--helps keep oxidation down to a minimum....Steve

Confusious say "Don't ever remove spark plug from warm cylinder head!"
    GM specs a litte antiseize on sparkplugs in aluminum heads.
    How does Confusious get a plug reading at the track?

Norseman
    How does Confusious get a plug reading at the track?
    He just holds his hands over the plugs, and looks inward, to the center of their being!!

Moneypitt
    He just holds his hands over the plugs, and looks inward, to the center of their being!!
    Yeah but the threads aint in the center of "their being", they're on the outside of their being.................MP

GofastRacer
    Any Electrical wholesale house should have it. If not, Ace hardware, Grainger, etc should be able to get it. I use it on all battery cables, and wipe every surface connection--helps keep oxidation down to a minimum....Steve
    Thanks Steve, looked it up and Grainger has it and their close!..

Thanks Steve, looked it up and Grainger has it and their close!..
    You're welcome---It's not only an antisieze compound, it helps conductivity. Try a couple of runs and takem out hot-- see what you think. I personally don't think there is a continuity problem between plug and head, whether any lube is used or not. Just my 02.

GofastRacer
    I personally don't think there is a continuity problem between plug and head, whether any lube is used or not. Just my 02.
    I don't think so either because the lube is on the threads and not on the seat, I use it all the time and I don't have any problems!..

CARLSON-JET
    rrr...that's pretty funny...but true. The shit just jumps out of the can and before you're done, no matter how careful you are, it's on your elbow, your nose, your shirt, and it dosen't wipe off!
    I've been using it for near 30 yrs on plugs, and never had any grounding issues. You're not supposed to dip the plug in it! .
    I laughed at this for a long time.. thanks Steel. The beggininalso holds true.. stuff is a mess. Catapillar used to have a great copper antisieze. my dad had a few cans.. wish I could get my hands on some more. R.B

wet77
    I sent out a e-mail to Dart seeing as how they are Dart pro 1 heads and one of there techs got back to me.
    He said that it was not necessary to use anti sieze but if you do need to Lock Tite brand was the one they recomend.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456