Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday at the Lake

Biglue
    Congrats on the new boat. Whadja get?
    May want to check out the marina to see if you can launch there. Someone was saying a few weeks back that it was limited to 24ft and smaller because of low water levels. The drawback there is you have to be within the 86 decibel noise limit. Other than that, its a good place to launch and retrieve especially when its windy.
    Have fun.

Dog Pen
    Lavey deckboat.

Biglue
    You sure can, again you're area of concern unless you know how to navigate it will be the mouth.
    Where is the "safe zone" as far as the mouth of the river goes? I always manage to get worried where it is and just follow a similar sized boat. In the middle of the summer when the water levels are high, I can get by and the west end of the reeds not problem. During the less busy times I always pucker up going up river.

Music to my Ears
    I was out four days ago and we had no problem going from Windsor to Topock. The lake levels were up so no problem getting through the river mouth, but the river levels were a couple feet down. There are a few spots that you'll see the bottom clearly but most were still 4' deep or more.

Todd969
    Where is the "safe zone" as far as the mouth of the river goes? I always manage to get worried where it is and just follow a similar sized boat. In the middle of the summer when the water levels are high, I can get by and the west end of the reeds not problem. During the less busy times I always pucker up going up river.
    As you're approaching the mouth stay to the AZ side (right) of the Center island of reeds approx 50-75 yds. Stay on plane and you're through.

voodoomedman
    Launch at Windsor, stay in the middle until the bouy line and be very careful when entering the mouth of the river some spots only 1 foot deep.
    Look at you!!! All Newbie turning Grasshopper and shiznit.

Bradman
    Lavey deckboat.
    If you see this boat next weekend, stop by for a beer and say hi.
    http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...res/th_New.jpg

Dog Pen
    Sounds great thanks

Phat Matt
    We should be on the water Friday and Saturday. Can't wait.

Dog Pen
    Has anyone launched at Moabi this month?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast