Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden voice and interesting comment

bigq
    Arabic TV station al-Jazeera has broadcast an audio tape it says was by the al-Qaeda leader, Osama Bin Laden.
    In it the voice warns that new attacks on the US are being planned, but offers a "long-term truce" to the Americans.
    If confirmed, it would be the first time Bin Laden has been heard from since December 2004.
    Last month, al-Jazeera aired a videotape it said dated back to September, showing al-Qaeda's deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
    In it Zawahiri declared that, despite a prolonged absence and rumours about ill health or possible injury, Bin Laden was alive.
    Veracity unknown
    US officials have declined to comment on the authenticity of the latest tape.
    People familiar with Bin Laden's voice are divided as to whether the voice really is his.
    The operations are happening in Baghdad and you will see them here at home the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission
    Voice said to be Bin Laden
    The voice on the tape said the reason there had not been an attack in the US since 11 September 2001 was not because of superior US security, but because the group had been engaged in activities in Iraq and because operations in the US "need preparations".
    "The operations are happening in Baghdad and you will see them here at home the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission," he said.
    Despite the warning of renewed attacks the speaker also offered the US the chance of a long-term truce.
    "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term... so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war," the speaker said.
    'Two al-Qaedas'
    The voice spoke of the need for Western nations "not to fight the Muslims on the land".
    The BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardner says Bin Laden's chief aggravation is Western countries invading Muslim countries and imposing their beliefs and culture.
    Bin Laden made Europe a similar truce offer following the Madrid train bombings of March 2004.
    Our correspondent says that nowadays there are in effect two al-Qaeda's - the one operating in Iraq, which is led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and carries out low level guerrilla activity on a daily basis.
    The other is the old leadership, including Bin Laden, believed to be hiding in a mountainous area on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan, whose primary role is not to stage operations, but to act as spiritual figureheads and inspiration for others.
    Keeping busy fighting in Iraq and not in the USA...hmmm where have I heard that before???????

Jeanyus
    Keeping busy fighting in Iraq and not in the USA...hmmm where have I heard that before???????
    But Blown says there is no connection, between Iraq an Al Queda, say it aint so.

Steve 1
    "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term... so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war,"
    Sounds like he is trying to make a case to the traitor DemocRats like Kerry and Murtha.

bigq
    "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term... so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war,"
    Sounds like he is trying to make a case to the traitor DemocRats like Kerry and Murtha.
    I think what he means is, so you pull out of Iraq and we take over Iraq and Afganistan again, build up our nation of terrorist then kill you stinking western scum. I could be wrong though

Steve 1
    I think what he means is, so you pull out of Iraq and we take over Iraq and Afganistan again, build up our nation of terrorist then kill you stinking western scum. I could be wrong though
    I agree!

Old Texan
    Muslim truces from what I've read are basically time outs to regroup and reevaluate their position. Perhaps we are making enough headway against alQaeda that Osama feels the need to appeal to our Libs for negotiation.
    I do not feel they could ever be trusted to keep any bargain so we should stand on our convictions and accelerate our efforts.
    However I am a man of reason and perhaps a sit down with Osama could be of benefit. We have many here in the USA that fancy themselves as negotiators, wise men of peace that can bring an end to this madness. Here's what we do. We assemble a diplomatic party of Jesse Jackson, Jimmy Carter, John Kerry, the Clintons, and Nancy Pelosi. We send them to a rendevous with Osama and his top aides and let them talk things out.
    Now here is where we have to make a major decision. Do we cram small nuclear weapons up the negotiating teams a$$es to be detonated during the conference, wiping out all involved. Or do we just fit them with GPS location devices and signal in a missle or smart bomb and wipe out all present.
    Either way it's a win win situation. Just a hard decision on which tactic would best solve a whole bunch of problems.

Run_em_Hard
    Now here is where we have to make a major decision. Do we cram small nuclear weapons up the negotiating teams a$$es to be detonated during the conference, wiping out all involved. Or do we just fit them with GPS location devices and signal in a missle or smart bomb and wipe out all present.
    Either way it's a win win situation. Just a hard decision on which tactic would best solve a whole bunch of problems.
    I agree...the main think that we need to do is keep after these guys and not let up. We need to get rid of him and/or the people that have taken his place.

Blown 472
    I can't reply, I have to get some duct tape and plastic the boogy man has spoken. With in the month there will be clear ties of bin ladin to iran and the need to nuke them, or perhaps ol gwya polls are laking and he needs to boost them up.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I'll try to type this slow and use small words so maybe blown will understand (yea, riiiiiight).
    Take this comunique (sorry, "message") and add it to the letter we interscepted (sorry, "got") from a major Al-Queda operative (sorry, "criminal") about a year ago that basically said:
    "We are running out of money, we are running low on recruits, we are getting short on equipment, and we do not know how much longer we can hold out trying to kill these Americans who will not leave. Please help."
    Pay attention now blown, 1+1=2
    Now, if, 2 people are in a fight, who tries to call it off first, the one beating the crap out of the other one, or the one getting their backside (sorry, "a$$") handed to them?? It's NEVER the winner, it's always the looser who wants to stop before he looses ALL his teeth and gets hospitalized (sorry, "needs a doctor")
    1+1+1=3
    We are beating the terrorists (sorry, "criminals", better yet "bad guys"). The "bad guys" are LOSING. The bad guys WANT A BREAK. Do they dare ask for one to re-equip & rearm (sorry, "get more stuff")? No! They ask for something reasonable so stupid people will believe them (like "Ok, how about I stop trying to break your hand with my face so we can go to our cars and leave. I'll meet ya back here tomorow and we'll finish this") all the while, knowing he has a gun at home, returns tomorow, shoots the idiot who let him go home to get it.
    THIS mesage, while couched as a threat to the US of attacks here, is yet more proof that Al-Queda (and all the other terror groups in the middle east helping them) are losing the ABILITY to fight us, to endanger us (and the entire world), to be able to influence anyone major, let alone, losing the ability to create the Islamic Caliphate that they desire.
    (blown version) - Iraq - bad guys not winning, US winning, good guys winning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast