Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While you guys are having your debates on racism I....

DILLIGAF
    took the Spectra out today and it ran great. 2-3 MPH winds and flat water . I forgot my camera to take pics. The boat was running hard and fast. because of the not starting situation after the boat gets warm I let it run for about 20 minutes at the docks. Then turned it off and on and it seemed good to go. Headed out and threw the rooster
    It was great running up/down Mohave. I miss the little jet boat feeling. After a lap or two I went down by the dam and cut the engine. Wouldn't start for about 20 minutes or so. But with the flat water and an ice chest full of cold drinks I was in no hurry. After the 20 minutes it started and I was on my way again.
    I am taking it back to CA as my son wants to have it close by for some Elsinore runs. This weekend for sure if the weather cooperates. While there I am going to have Tom Papp look at it and see what the problem is. It sounds like the ignition (coil?) is heating up. I don't know but it is an MSD ignition.
    I had a great day today

Devil's Advocate
    How dare you talk about boating on this site.

phebus
    Translation:
    The water pump is out in my yacht, so I took the dingy out. It was fun getting back to my roots as a poor white boy. :rollside:

GHT
    Translation:
    The water pump is out in my yacht, so I took the dingy out. It was fun getting back to my roots as a poor white boy. :rollside:
    Now that's F'ing funny.......
    Dilligaf, see it isn't so bad being poor like the rest of us... Good luck with the water pump..

Flyinbowtie
    Finally, somethin' to yak about..
    I wish I had been down there with you.
    Winter is arriving in the Sierras; snow down to 5k tomorrow night, which will mean my son and his G.F. will be in 4x4 coming over Donner Pass to get here for Turkey Day.
    My back is killing me, the new parts helped alot but I simply am no longer going to do well with real winters. I think that within the next three or four years we will become rsidents of LHC. I don't want to live the rest of my life dreading 4 or 5 months out of the year.
    Our SkiSanger is tucked away in mom's garage, and won't see the light of day again until the last weekend in April.
    A coil failing or maybe a plugged fuel vent...?

BigDoug
    Tom, i know a guy in BH that could help you out.....................................oh never mind !!

burtandnancy
    Dilligaf, I didn't realize you had a Spectra, I had a number of them. As I grew up in Burbank, they were my dream boat. I even had serial #1 of the 32 footer. Do you remember the first Spectra to win the Catalina Ski Race? Guess who...
    (and thanx for changing the subject, I was getting in too deep)

Flyinbowtie
    If you have had to sit that long in the past I would tend to lean towards an electrical problem like you are thinking.
    The MSD's and other electronic ignition stuff is nice and offers incredible tunability and other features that are hard to beat with old-school technology. In my last little toy I had a 366 inch Chevy stroker engine, it was in essence a 360 Sprint Car engine with a carb, and the builder talked me into a Joe Hunt Mag. I never regretted it one bit. If you know somebody that can ohm the coil out and check for other potentailly failing circuits, that would probably be money well spent.
    What towns down there are close to Lake Mohave?
    I've looked at just about every damn house there is on the LHC MLS, just trying to get a feel for things down there.

burtandnancy
    D, did you know that way back the Spectra 19 won its class in the Parker 9 Hour Enduro? It was driven by one of their riggers; Rick Fowler. Very fast jet boat but wouldn't handle if someone put a swim step on it...

Flyinbowtie
    Thanks,
    You just widened my MLS search by a big chunk, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast