Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roller lifter maintenance

GofastRacer
    what about the larger springs that go over the valve springs and the full size caps on top of the spring that keeps constant pressure on the rocker arm isnt that a rev kit also
    Sounds like you're talking about the Isky deal, yes that is they're version of a rev kit!..

BIGCHRIS
    Sounds like you're talking about the Isky deal, yes that is they're version of a rev kit!..
    Yea Art it is a isky,is that a decent setup.Did u get make it to the world finals

Fiat48
    No. I quit using them around 1988. Had one of the little springs break and didnt want the shrapnel floating around in there. I have had no trouble with hurting roller lifters.

GofastRacer
    Yea Art it is a isky,is that a decent setup.Did u get make it to the world finals
    That's what I figured, never used it but I know people that have and never had a problem with them!... Nahh, never made it out there!..

SUI-CY-COLE
    No. I quit using them around 1988. Had one of the little springs break and didnt want the shrapnel floating around in there. I have had no trouble with hurting roller lifters.
    thanks fiat!!!!!!!!!...those are for old technology....to many thing to go wrong...with the spring pressures of today you dont need them!...beer beer beer beer

GofastRacer
    Wow never had that happen, that would suck though!.. So you just rely on the valve springs huh!.. BTW, did you get my reply on the heads??..

Fiat48
    I think the broken spring was rather a fluke. But by the late 80's the better springs were out there and most guys were getting rid of the rev kits.
    Ill go check pms again and see if I missed something.
    PS: If one can afford it....Titanium valves will pay you back in valve spring life....especially you guys that turn left.

Im on the inspect/replace every season program and i run the lash after every trip or race but Im paranoid of lifter failure.
    Aernt you suppsed to check the OD of the lifter down at the bottom to see if the lifter is spreading or growing? I didnt see that mentioned. Just curious as Im about to inspect mine.
    Also, anything wrong with sending lifters in for rebuilds if possible?

Fiat48
    You should run the valves after every round....not every race event. Or maybe you meant that. I find broken rollers are usually the result of something else breaking first..like a rocker arm or stud...or pushrod problem to where the roller gets smacked. Weak or broken spring aggravates things also. On lake deals...it is prolonged idling that kills them.
    If that lifter is spread at the bottom....you would know that when you pulled them out of the lifter bore. No reason why they cannot be rebuilt.

GofastRacer
    I think the broken spring was rather a fluke. But by the late 80's the better springs were out there and most guys were getting rid of the rev kits.
    Ill go check pms again and see if I missed something.
    PS: If one can afford it....Titanium valves will pay you back in valve spring life....especially you guys that turn left.
    Guess I'm just paranoid about the lifter flying off the lobe,LOL... Titanium valves are the plan for this K motor, hope the budget allows though, we're trying to make Burley and there's a whole shit load to do!..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast