Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, Newbie here w/ boat pics....

1978 Rogers
    How exactly did you drive up on the rocks? Were your driving along pacing some cars on the road and polls (poles) appeared in front you. That required some quick manuvers. That sucks.

CARLSON-JET
    Welcome to the board Bill. Put her back in one piece, it will be good Karma. When did this happen? R.B.

bakerjet
    i don't know about fixin it. but that sux big time!!

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    Shootingstar, thanks for the motivation! it really took a some stress off my shoulderand put a smile on my face. ill do my best to talk dad into repairing it. but it might be cheaper to get a new hull w/ gelpaint (which is what i would prefer) than it would to get it re-glassed and painted. i really dont want to "repaint" the boat seeing as how chipping, peeling, fading, and other stuff can happen if i painted the hull. i prefer the jelcoat. hell, the boat is 30yrs old and looks brand spanking new w/ original color!
    CS19, ill be taking the pictures to a couple glass shops this week to see what they will quote me on repairs.
    El Prosecutor, it is definitely a family thing. if i decide to go w/ another hull, ill have the original bronzed or something .
    Impatient 1, im sure its fixable but its all a matter of how much it'll take to do so. :-\
    atxwrangler, no problem. glad i can unload some of my problems on you guys. i actually feel a little better.
    Blow-n-time, i day dream about that everyday! lol
    1978 Rogers, i was pacing cars along the road and there were polls (i assume for fishermen) than run FROM the bridge OUT into the water. ive seen patrolman follow these polls while making rounds. anyways, i was headed right for them and i make a right turn AWAY from the road and polls and swing back around and head toward the road. as im getting closer, i go to make a left turn to follow the road back to where i had unloaded the boat and it kept going straight. you following me or are you still kind of confused?
    Carlson-jet, back in august.
    bakerjet, you aint lying!! i'll definitely be more careful next time.

shootingstar72683
    Shootingstar, thanks for the motivation! it really took a some stress off my shoulderand put a smile on my face. ill do my best to talk dad into repairing it. but it might be cheaper to get a new hull w/ gelpaint (which is what i would prefer) than it would to get it re-glassed and painted. i really dont want to "repaint" the boat seeing as how chipping, peeling, fading, and other stuff can happen if i painted the hull. i prefer the jelcoat. hell, the boat is 30yrs old and looks brand spanking new w/ original color!
    CS19, ill be taking the pictures to a couple glass shops this week to see what they will quote me on repairs.
    El Prosecutor, it is definitely a family thing. if i decide to go w/ another hull, ill have the original bronzed or something .
    Impatient 1, im sure its fixable but its all a matter of how much it'll take to do so. :-\
    atxwrangler, no problem. glad i can unload some of my problems on you guys. i actually feel a little better.
    Blow-n-time, i day dream about that everyday! lol
    1978 Rogers, i was pacing cars along the road and there were polls (i assume for fishermen) than run FROM the bridge OUT into the water. ive seen patrolman follow these polls while making rounds. anyways, i was headed right for them and i make a right turn AWAY from the road and polls and swing back around and head toward the road. as im getting closer, i go to make a left turn to follow the road back to where i had unloaded the boat and it kept going straight. you following me or are you still kind of confused?
    Carlson-jet, back in august.
    bakerjet, you aint lying!! i'll definitely be more careful next time.
    Don't get rid of her too fast. Even if you decide to bring another in. Try to find a corner somewere out of the way(A haybarn works real well)cover it,and leave it be. Something that has been in your life that long,made you feel good many-a-day, won't be worth(to you)the change you get for it. Life has a way of making some sharp curves when you got the hammer-down on a good staight-a-way. Remember the saying"It's not how many times you get knocked-down,It's how many you get up". Sounds like you're picking youself up,hang in there, keep in touch.

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    Don't get rid of her too fast. Even if you decide to bring another in. Try to find a corner somewere out of the way(A haybarn works real well)cover it,and leave it be. Something that has been in your life that long,made you feel good many-a-day, won't be worth(to you)the change you get for it. Life has a way of making some sharp curves when you got the hammer-down on a good staight-a-way. Remember the saying"It's not how many times you get knocked-down,It's how many you get up". Sounds like you're picking youself up,hang in there, keep in touch.
    thanks for the motivational words! we have 2000+ acres of land so i think ill find her a good spot to rest. im going to try and keep her for as long as possible. dad is the deciding factor on that, as is everything else. ha

olbiezer
    where ya at in jackson william? i am at the rez in brandon off old fannon.......sorry about your boat....i am sure u can find another one around here somewhere......let me know if u need anything.......

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    where ya at in jackson william? i am at the rez in brandon off old fannon.......sorry about your boat....i am sure u can find another one around here somewhere......let me know if u need anything.......
    anything, huh? how about $5,000 for a new hull and paint .
    i live in Clinton, MS, about 30min from the rez. i wouldnt mind checking out your boat when you get it back from texas(i think thats where you said it was). do you have any connections around jackson or else where?
    just got off the with neil clark a few hours ago (the same guy that use to build apollo jet boats...i think) and from the conversation we were having, it sounds like i might be getting a replica boat
    here's the link:
    http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/ click "apollo jet boat" and go from there!

gimme-three-steps
    I have an Eliminator hull that has chev. mts. but your mounts would fit. ready for mtr. $3500 located in n. ms. It is a forked model , very fast. It has a tricked pump and the jet-o-vator on it. donald.landrum@faa.gov

olbiezer
    my boat is back in the garage.....well maybe anything except money.......we do have our limits lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast