Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey guys, Newbie here w/ boat pics....

shootingstar72683
    thanks for the motivational words! we have 2000+ acres of land so i think ill find her a good spot to rest. im going to try and keep her for as long as possible. dad is the deciding factor on that, as is everything else. ha
    I hear ya. I think you should get another boat, and make a long time learning project out of that one. Right now it's going to take alot of time,dedication,and patience, to restore it. Now call this a wild guess, guys your age that are addicted to speed(in your case,very young)may have the dedication, but the time/patience,is rough. I think you'll make the right move getting something soon as possible. Make a list if what it should have to satisfy you and don't vary too much,and don't be too quick. Life isn't numbers it's percentages. :rollside:

shootingstar72683
    thanks for the motivational words! we have 2000+ acres of land so i think ill find her a good spot to rest. im going to try and keep her for as long as possible. dad is the deciding factor on that, as is everything else. ha
    I hear ya. I think you should get another boat, and make a long time learning project out of that one. Right now it's going to take alot of time,dedication,and patience, to restore it. Now call this a wild guess, guys your age that are addicted to speed(in your case,very young)may have the dedication, but the time/patience,is rough. I think you'll make the right move getting something soon as possible. Make a list if what it should have to satisfy you and don't vary too much,and don't be too quick. Life isn't numbers it's percentages. :rollside:

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    well, dad informed me that after the towing bill(1800) and the deductible (100) and something about use having to pay 900 bucks back to them for some reason. so all im getting for the boat is 1,600 bucks out of 4,400
    dad only had liability for the boat. he took a gamble on it since it was only used maybe 6 times a year so we didnt come out that well on the insurance payment. ill talk to dad again and have him explain it more indepth. i wasnt really listening after he said all there was left is 1600. kinda took all the steam/motivation out of me and put me in a state of depression .
    yes, ppl in my age bracket are addicted to speed but not me (atleast now). im starting to become more like my dad (driving the speed limit and not putting myself at risk and just taking it easy). what would make me BEYOND the lines of happy is if i could have the EXACT same boat i use to have. With the same hull, STOCK 460, ski pump, color and all. i dont care about going 70+mph in the boat. i just liked cruising along the shore line, reving the pipes and showing the boat off to ppl.
    here's are a quick couple of stories about my g/f. MINUTES before the wreck, we decided to take the boat in, get something to eat and call it a day. well, i said "lets make one more pass" and she had a BAD feeling about it but didnt say anything. well, you know the rest of the story.
    second story, she took me to memphis to for my b-day, we took LOTS of pics of dumb, sweet, and funny things we were doing. well, i was going to take them to walmart, who in the past...ALWAYS made me mad but i wanted to hurry and develop them so she could see'em before going home. well, when i ran the idea her way, she said she has a BAD feeling about it. i didnt listen and did it anyways. well, i come back an hour later and they said water had got on the film and destroyed all 3 rolls. coincidence??? i hope not! anyways, said that she has a good feeling about the boat situation so i am keeping my fingers crossed and hope alive!

77 Apollo Jet Boat
    I have an Eliminator hull that has chev. mts. but your mounts would fit. ready for mtr. $3500 located in n. ms. It is a forked model , very fast. It has a tricked pump and the jet-o-vator on it. donald.landrum@faa.gov
    thanks for the offer man but id like to have the same hull as my original.

You know I have two boats(one is a workin pile and the other is a shell of a pile)and the working one got turned into a two seater and as much time as I put into them and no matter how much money you spend, when you get them out on the water there is absolutely nothing that can replace the time you spent on them.
    The other one is a day cruiser that I am puttin together so I can take my 5 year old daughter along. (The OT pipes freak her out) I cant wait to have some more good times under my belt with new boat and my family and nothing and no one is gonna stop me. Seein that I'm 26 I sit here and read story after story about every boat everyone has owned and all the knowledge that came with it. So that one day maybe just maybe I can also pass what I have learned since I was a kid boating with my dad onto some one else.
    Anyways what I am tryin to say is that whether you fix it or not your gonna keep makin new memories and gaining more knowledge every time out so get out on the water the fastest way possible . Set it aside till you cant look at it any more and start new history with a new boat.

shootingstar72683
    You know I have two boats(one is a workin pile and the other is a shell of a pile)and the working one got turned into a two seater and as much time as I put into them and no matter how much money you spend, when you get them out on the water there is absolutely nothing that can replace the time you spent on them.
    The other one is a day cruiser that I am puttin together so I can take my 5 year old daughter along. (The OT pipes freak her out) I cant wait to have some more good times under my belt with new boat and my family and nothing and no one is gonna stop me. Seein that I'm 26 I sit here and read story after story about every boat everyone has owned and all the knowledge that came with it. So that one day maybe just maybe I can also pass what I have learned since I was a kid boating with my dad onto some one else.
    Anyways what I am tryin to say is that whether you fix it or not your gonna keep makin new memories and gaining more knowledge every time out so get out on the water the fastest way possible . Set it aside till you cant look at it any more and start new history with a new boat.
    Looks like someone else is on a good run.TAKE the ADVICE.

shootingstar72683
    thanks for the offer man but id like to have the same hull as my original.
    Iknow how bad you feel, trust me. Jan. 28(almost 2yrs.to the date)at 03:28 I watched my haybarn burn and take with it 22 horses ,goats, cats, and birds,all of which I stood on thier feet.While saving my house the round-bales stacked 4 high fell taking the barnwall into my toybox which had everything I saved since my dads 1936Lionel train,my53lionel along with a pop'n-jonny John Deere 1952"G",sportscar,generator,2Harley's
    (my first pan-head chopper),pick-up and my 77 21' Hawiian jetboat filled with 2 twenty gal fiberglass fuel tanks(they didn't vent). It was a violent fire with the hay 20tons 85gals of feul a fiberglass jetboat two buildings etc. Anyway Apollo you get the picture. Alot of first in there. NO INSURANCE,owned titles on everything, got $6,600 on the out buildings. I feel for you and your dad. I'm sure it meant alot to him also, but you can't replace a first. I've got a Taylor now. It isn't near what the Hawiian was ,it wasn't taken care of at all, but the first ride across the lake sure made me feel much better than sitting looking at vedeos of the past. I've got it apart now. I'll make it a boat to be proud of, or like they say "die trying".Don't waste your time trying to duplicate. Get yourself something and start your new ideas. It'll work,ya got alot of time. Keep in touch ,let us know how you and dad are do'in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123