Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas vs Elect Golf Carts?

cc322
    Been testing the waters on used golf carts (No I dont want a Rhino) and I drove a 95 G2 yammaha today and a 2002 EZ Go 36 volt with a tuner or something and it felt alot faster. Is there an advantage to one vs the other? gas or electric? maintance, up keep whatever. Please inlighten me.

RitcheyRch
    Not an expert but think the gas powered ones would be faster and the electric ones would require new batteries every now and then.

cc322
    Not an expert but think the gas powered ones would be faster and the electric ones would require new batteries every now and then.
    Yeah the batteries were 72.00 a piece he said :cry: but gas was a little noiser. Just curious as it will sit for a while with out being used.

djunkie
    Depends where your gonna use it. Some RV parks don't allow gas carts. I like the gas carts cause you don't have to worry about charging the batteries. But the electric do make more torque.

RitcheyRch
    My buddy has an electric cart and it sure is nice and quiet. He was going to buy a gas cart but was concerned would be too fast for his young kids to ride in their neighborhood.

djunkie
    My buddy has an electric cart and it sure is nice and quiet. He was going to buy a gas cart but was concerned would be too fast for his young kids to ride in their neighborhood.
    The gas carts have governor's on them. You can adjust them for any speed you want.

Havasu1986
    We bought a 2002 gas EZGo. We bought the gas because we cruise around Havi in the summer and bring it home in the winter where we cruise the neighhberhood around Yorba Linda. I think we may hit 20 mph. We bought the gas because we didn't want to worry about draining the batteries. I play alot of golf and nothing is worse then to run out of juice and calling the pro shop to bring you out another cart. They are not that loud either. My dogs love golf cart rides.

RitcheyRch
    Didnt know that. Like said, I'm no expert.
    The gas carts have governor's on them. You can adjust them for any speed you want.

TOBTEK
    Depends where your gonna use it. Some RV parks don't allow gas carts. I like the gas carts cause you don't have to worry about charging the batteries. But the electric do make more torque.
    KEY PHARSE....... were are ya gonna use it? Any off road and you HAVE TO get a gas cart! If your a neighbor hood cruiser and do camp grounds, I prefer the Elec carts. If your not sure of the power and speed of elec carts, come drive my new 11.4hp/727 amp controller Clubcar..... it will SMOKE a gas cart on the street. IF you deside on a gaser.... My brother has a bitchen lifted,painted tricked out 2001 clubcar he is selling for 5500.00. If you have any questions call me anytime, my # is on the bottom......good luck

djunkie
    KEY PHARSE....... were are ya gonna use it? Any off road and you HAVE TO get a gas cart! If your a neighbor hood cruiser and do camp grounds, I prefer the Elec carts. If your not sure of the power and speed of elec carts, come drive my new 11.4hp/727 amp controller Clubcar..... it will SMOKE a gas cart on the street. IF you deside on a gaser.... My brother has a bitchen lifted,painted tricked out 2001 clubcar he is selling for 5500.00. If you have any questions call me anytime, my # is on the bottom......good luck
    Will that sparky of yours run 45+mph? :crossx: :crossx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast