Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high preasure water seperator/ fuel filter?

1slowboat
    looking for one and havent found one yet, my setup needs over 800 #'s an hour, and being fuel injected/forced induction I need to have one for piece of mind... running aeromotive eliminator pump,pro series 4 port boost refrenced/ bypass regulator..... anyone know where to find one of these high presure water seperator/ fuel fiters???

1slowboat
    no one has any idea?the reason for my question is I have to put it after the fuel pump, preasure side, so I don't cavatate the pump, and or loose preasure and lean out the motor. i have been searching the web most of the day and still havent found any.aeromotive doesn't make one either :cry:

1slowboat
    lmfao,I don't plan on getting water in my tanks, but with a low boat it is possible for water to get through my vent in my cap. other wise I wouldn't worry about it :rollside:

sanger rat
    I've never had a problem with water getting in through the caps and they get wet all the time.

1slowboat
    well hopefully I won't either, just wanted to know if any one made a water seperator/ fuel filter for high volume/ high preasure. guess its non existant :cry:

rrrr
    How much pressure? A spin-on type separator will handle 60-80 psi easily. It's exactly the same construction as a spin-on oil filter.......

79centurion
    Put the fuel sep. before the pump not after. And with it being before the pump, it is not under high pressure. They should flow more than enough for what you are using it for.
    Dan

1slowboat
    Put the fuel sep. before the pump not after. And with it being before the pump, it is not under high pressure. They should flow more than enough for what you are using it for.
    Dan
    aeromotive says not to put one before the pump........

1slowboat
    1slowboat, sorry, I'm being an as* (when am I not?).
    You don't need a high pressure/volumn whatever as you're not supporting 2000hp.
    Here's your diagram.
    TANK-> HI-PER FUEL FILTER-> FUEL TANK SELECTOR ( or "T"). do the same from each tank to the "T" or selector.(all lines -8).
    From the "T"-> to the Aeromotive fuel pump-> to your fuel rails and regulator-> then run your return line back to the inlet side of the pump by "Ting" into the line.
    Your done!
    Spin on filters that are accessable are the easiest. Change them whenever. I change or clean everything every time out except oil,(every other time out). I run 2 Aeromotive pumps and 4 filters (1 motor).
    Rio
    i was just wondering if there was such an animal, guess not
    i am running 2 valves( tank selectors) -10 an as per aeromotive from tanks to vave 1 then to the first filter, also -10 an to the pump, from the pump to my second filter,y block, then 4 -8 an lines to my rails, out of the rails to my bypass regulator,another 4 inlet port, one out to my second selecter valve then back to the tank, may be wrong on the an size, think its -12 an in then -10 out to my y block then to -8 an,
    anyway just thought someone would have made one of the filters/water seperatosfor high preasure/ high volume.....being in a boat that is twin efi twin turbo, needs some kind of water protection, guess i'll just buy stock in additives that remove water from tanks, if it happens
    thanks for the replies

blowngas
    check with a good diesel injection service-----it's possible there may be a highpressure one-----if really concerned, then pipe up a pair in parallel in front of the pump----most have 1in. npt inlets and outlets-----you can always put a differential gauge across the filter to check if the filter is getting clogged, or a differential shutdown switch set to alarm since you wouldn't want to kill the motor at WOT in a jet-----you do have a jetaway or some sort of ratchet, right???-------way back when, there was a separator, brand named "racor", that was a very good water seperator sold at diesel injector rebuilders

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast