Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GAY?...or NOT GAY?

boxscore
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...05_UG5KCPH.jpg
    Wow... that doesn't look too easy on the eyes. It's all about taste I suppose. Just read where the 4 door version may get the Hemi V-8. The price of that would likely be way too high for me.

GHT
    Buy one! I bought one of those for commuting the kids to school, have put 25k mi. in last year on it. Can't remember last time I got less than 30mpg with it (almost all freeway with 4 kids and 1 semi-adult, at 70+mph, and a 1500+ ft. elevation climb). Automatic trans easier to live with at freeway speeds......runs about 400 RPM less than 5sp. due to gear ratios. They really need a 6th gear. Mines a automatic.
    I heard the auto is a complete dog... I was told to go with the standard.. Now I'm so confused.

boxscore
    I believe Toyota still makes the orginal FJ series for third world markets. .
    Do they really?.... That would be cool to get one of those in the garage... an original FJ with no miles on it!

GHT
    Oh. Boxscore. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. To answer you question... I don't think it's gay.... I would wait to see what all the write ups say.. What ARE the short comings??
    GHT

boxscore
    Oh. Boxscore. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. To answer you question... I don't think it's gay.... I would wait to see what all the write ups say.. What ARE the short comings??
    GHT
    Bad back seat (rarely would I have an adult in the back)
    Bad fuel tank range (16-18mpg with a 19 gallon tank)
    TBD suspension mods
    quirky interior styling
    blind spots (it does come with sonar back-up assist as an option)

Havasu Cig
    I heard the same thing..but heard that the body (grill, doors, dash, etc) and motor are to be the same. Just stretched out some more with 4 doors. Do you know of a site that says different? Thx
    I saw a picture in Car and Driver a few days ago that had a pic of the 2 door and the body looked more rounded. Says it will have a 205 hp V-6 and the rubicon will come with electronic disconnects to go along with the lockers. I have not seen the 4 door yet.

Sleek-Jet
    Do they really?.... That would be cool to get one of those in the garage... an original FJ with no miles on it!
    The people I used to off road with talked about going to South America and picking one up... this has been a few years ago though, but I haven't heard that they quit making them. A couple of the guys had the money to do it, but there wasn't a snow ball's chance in hell of getting it licensed here in the US, so it would end up being an offroad only dealio. They all ended up building buggies.

bilgewiper
    I heard the auto is a complete dog... I was told to go with the standard.. Now I'm so confused.
    I thought I wanted the 5sp. also. I test drove both, then asked salesman to let me drive it with my whole family in it........and NOT him. He said "NO, but you can rent one for less than $20 a day right here at this dealership" Most Toyota/Scion dealers rent them also. After 3 days of bombing around in the automatic rental I had to have one. Would buy another in a heart beat for what I use it for.

boxscore
    A couple of the guys had the money to do it, but there wasn't a snow ball's chance in hell of getting it licensed here in the US, so it would end up being an offroad only dealio. They all ended up building buggies.
    That just blows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast