Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Water Test Pictures

YeLLowBoaT
    The more the merrier.
    No the more... the more work I have to do on them....

Mrs.Racer277
    Congrats. Beautiful boat.

spectratoad
    I would absolutely love to go up to Tahoe and cruise around up there. Right now all that we are concentrating on is the LA Boat Show. Once things calm down, we will be looking for another show. If we do make it up to Tahoe, I would love to take you up on your offer.
    Let me know. I live down in Reno, about 45 minutes from Tahoe. Some of the wooden boats hang out at Donner Lake too.

Jordy
    Those look great Danny.

Old Texan
    You going to take those beauties to the Miami boat show ? They might be a big hit with the retired crowd who remember the good ol days of pristine wooden boats !!
    Upstate New York and N. Michigan love wood boats. Shouild be popular in those regions.
    Tell us about the degree of maintenance that can be expected on the wood hull and finish. That's the part of wooden boats that's kept my lazy a$$e away.

BADBLOWN572
    Upstate New York and N. Michigan love wood boats. Shouild be popular in those regions.
    Tell us about the degree of maintenance that can be expected on the wood hull and finish. That's the part of wooden boats that's kept my lazy a$$e away.
    The amount of maintenance will go up in comparison to a fiberglass boat, but it should not be too bad. The finish will be flawless when it leaves the shop so as long as you don't go banging into docks or leaving it outside, I would say that it would good for at least a year or two with normal boating. After that, you should be able to bring it back and have the whole finish buffed and back to perfect again. Probably once every 3-5 years the boat will have to be sanded and re-sprayed. The cost on this service will be minimal to our customers. We plan on having everything be done in house.
    The finish that is on the boats is extremely thick and will allow the whole boat to be buffed to bring back the shine. You could also wetsand then buff the finish to remove any light scratches.
    The engine and rigging on the boat should be pretty much problem free. Just change your oil at the proper times and change your impeller. If you do that the thing will run all day long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123