Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XRP, AEROQUIP, (no namer) $$$$$$$

GofastRacer
    victorfb:
    just a little info. Goodridge did good by me. i had a couple oil cooler lines that started leaking.(after removing em and reinstall) no matter what i tried i couldnt get em to seal. so i go to goodridge and he he takes my old ones in the back, gone for a few minutes and comes back with two new lines, plus my old ones and says "sorry about that, here ya go" no charge. damn i was and still am happy! Wow I'm surprised you had a problem, they do stand by there stuff though!, glad to hear they took care of ya!..

I think I have about $1000.00 into my plumbing. I used all XRP stuff from a local shop in Santee. I did everything including the lines to my header valve under my seat, fuel inrichment for the nitrous and all the water lines. It hurts like hell when your paying for it but it look so clean when its done. But on top of everything I HAD to buy a set of wrenches to be cool, but they do come in handy so oh well
    F.J.

AR Wizard
    Hey Superdave, You surely know you can't use that stuff over again.I'd be glad to haul it away for you and pay you good money for the box.I'd take that 8mm pulley too !

Thunderbutt
    I have a 20 foot Spectra and every hose is stainless and all fittings are AN. Thank God I built the boat in 1972. I even had the exhaust hose stainless at one time, but they leaked so I took them off. I hate to think what it would cost now. BIG BUCKS.

BiggusJimbus
    Boy,
    I looked at how much all that stuff would cost, and for my boat, it just wasn't worth it.
    So, I went with Aluminum lines with the Aeroquip sleeve fittings, and it works perfectly, and looks pretty clean. Probably cost me less than 1/3. A 25 spool of 3/8 fuel line (Which is probably good to up to 500 HP or so) cost 30 bucks, It's about 4.00 for the end of each run of tube and the other AN-8 connectors cost the same.
    Came out OK...
    My fine rigging...
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/795fuel_system-med.jpg[/img]
    Obviously, a little neatening up is in order, but you get the idea.
    Plus, you don't have Rubber to fail. For the water lines, I've just been using high pressure water hose, but will probably upgrade that. Gotta look somewhat cooler than the rubber hose I'm now running.
    The Aluminum tube is easier to clean. Russel used to sell it in Red and Blue. But sure doesn't seem to be available in color anymore.
    Higher Horesepower, consider other solutions.
    Just my .02.
    [ August 11, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

superdave013
    AR Wizard:
    Hey Superdave, You surely know you can't use that stuff over again.I'd be glad to haul it away for you and pay you good money for the box.I'd take that 8mm pulley too ! I might as well toss in that tall deck BBC short block that's shrink wrapped bheind the box in too.

GEOO
    Aluminum ends and SS hoses can corrode in salt water. I saw that Earls has hard coated ends now!! I'm sure the others do or will soon too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12