Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoomie - HP gain ?

infotraker
    Currently running 468 BBC, 10 to 1 comp,2-750 Offy tunnel, basset OT headers,77 sanger v-drive ski hydro.
    Will putting on rewarder zoomies (water cooled, mufflers avail) give me any power gain ? Seller wants ~ $250 (need to check if they will leave enough room on side of boat.
    Any info appreciated.
    [ October 02, 2002, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: infotraker ]

picklefork1
    what is your compression ratio?.

Sangster
    Infotracker, I ran Zoomies on my boat for awhile..while they look great & sound cool,They don't work the best with a tunnel ram..They work the best on blower motors.. We went back to headers.. Thats a good deal for the $$$...if your trying to get as much HP out of it as possible, stick with the Headers....you'll pickup RPM & MPH....

Sangster
    Infotracker, here's a pic of my boat w/Zoomies. wink wink
    [ October 02, 2002, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Infomaniac
    Rewarder does not recommend wide open runs with their baffles installed. The baffles are only for no wake slow cruise situations. FYI I know guys that have tried them. The baffles ripped out of the pipes.

Sangster
    Infomaniac:
    Rewarder does not recommend wide open runs with their baffles installed. The baffles are only for no wake slow cruise situations. FYI I know guys that have tried them. The baffles ripped out of the pipes.I tried using the mufflers once, Motor would barely idle...I seen a guy run them in his blown injected hydro "Blown Bucks". he said he had no problems running them but he took all the fiberglass packing out of them which made a difference I'm sure..

Hemicide
    I'm running a 6-71, 392, with zoomies, baffles in, without the water injection hooked up, and the motor runs great. What are the pro's and con's of running with water injection?

Kurtis500
    I havent done any dyno stuff to back this up, but I've heard a number of times that zoomies are most effiecient for blown engines and the collector headers are best for nat. aspirated when it comes to air flow.

screamin seamen
    We have zoomies on a blown carb 468' when we go to the lake to test boat we use harley baffles.
    they realy dont do much but make the rangers happy.We tried the the zoomie mufflers and all that did was scatched the boat when the cheap ass
    rivits came loose and let the centers come out.

Her454
    Hey SS- Dont you ever work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast