Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need a New Monitor..........

Ok, im gonna step up to a 20" LCD. I have a 19" Viewsonic CRT now and its nice but its a big pig. I have narrowed it down to a couple of brands but the one thing im undecided on is whether or not I want to go wide screen or not. What do you guys think? I use it primaraly for internet, music, pictures and some light gaming, nothing major. Would a widescreen be a waste of time or do you guys like them. Im running a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro so im pretty sure im covered on the card end. Any opinions? Im looking at Viewsonic, Samsung and LG.
    F.J.

racecar.hotshoe
    I use a Amptron nice picture for the price.

BajaMike
    Ok, im gonna step up to a 20" LCD. I have a 19" Viewsonic CRT now and its nice but its a big pig. I have narrowed it down to a couple of brands but the one thing im undecided on is whether or not I want to go wide screen or not. What do you guys think? I use it primaraly for internet, music, pictures and some light gaming, nothing major. Would a widescreen be a waste of time or do you guys like them. Im running a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro so im pretty sure im covered on the card end. Any opinions? Im looking at Viewsonic, Samsung and LG.
    F.J.
    I like the ViewSonics and widescreen is nice, just make sure you video card can support the wide screen format.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Shit I want your 19 then!!!

beever_retreever
    Hey Mike B,
    Go with the Viewsonic 22" WS model over at Costco. I picked it up about 3 months ago for 3 bills and it's killer. 5ms response 700:1 ratio DVI/VGA 720p HD capable.

I like the ViewSonics and widescreen is nice, just make sure you video card can support the wide screen format.
    I have the newest Catalyst driver which does support 1680x1050 which is what most of the 20"s seem to need. Im just going to keep my CRT as a backup just incase. Besides, the CRT's dont seem to be worth much anymore if you sell em.
    F.J.

Anyone else wanna add something?????????
    F.J.

DelawareDave
    I have a 19" Viewsonic LCD and it is such an improvement over the 19" CRT I replaced. I have a Sylvania 19" LCD at work, but I like the Viewsonic better. The Viewsonic looks like it is all screen with very little border.

Howie Feltersnatch
    I'm using a Samsung 19" mounted on the wall behind my desk. I used to have a 19" tube sitting on it. I love it. Waiting for 25 or 30 incher's which will be out soon.

Zaairman
    I'm running a 23" Samsung LCD HD TV as my monitor, it's got the PC inputs, and the picture is great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast