Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia Class races at Parker

GN Nostalgia Racer
    It has been a week since the Parker Race. I have been reluctant to write any results, due to the accidents that took place. The nostalgia class fielded approx. 15 boats which included, flat bottoms, v-bottoms, jets, v-drives, tunnels and crackerboxes. We ran two different classes,Flat bottoms and v-bottom/tunnels. The attrition rate was un-believable and forced us to combine the classes. 1st. overall went to Mark Moyle in a jet, 2nd place went to Brad Cooper in a flat bottom and 3rd. place went to Roger Finney in a jet. Everyone enjoyed the nostalgia classes and there were several people who said they would be at Long Beach Marine Stadium Aug. 9th. which is the next nostalgia race.

e-ticket
    Any pics from the nostalgia class races? wink

boatguy222
    I'am sorry you guys can't make the trip to Burley. I think we had 4 northwest boats that were going to make the trip, if there was a nostalgia class.

FlatRacer
    What are the rules and requirements for the nostalgia class? Which boats are eligible?
    FR

CircleJerk
    Thanks for the news, wasnt Brad a Rookie!? How about those mud suckers? This should get the comments from the outsiders....
    Marc....I am not sure they would want a bunch of 'Outlaws' competing with them. Insurance reasons you know...Or maybe they {APBA}are afraid of getting too many boats there in the pits. smile_sp I was counting yesterday and three rare Lavey Craft circle boats were considering the tow including the restored 'Sweet Caroline' with a fresh Pro-Comp mill. Of course, that included the Blondie with here new SK motor! When was the last time you saw that many of them duking it out? smile_sp I know there are some southern boat drivers who would love to 'take us on'! Ditto to them... I would enjoy seeing them chase the Lady! smile_sp She's the one in lane 1 or 2 if they would allow our style of combat starts. JeRkstirApot

SK48
    The rules are pretty specific, but they are not enforced at all.. I will get a copy for you. The class is pretty much owned by a guy with an orange comp jet. Boat is two years old, and rules say it should be 20 years old. Rules state that if you run a speed over 70 M.P.H. you are disqualified. Its pretty hard to beat a jet boat with a flatbottom, as they tear up the water up pretty bad. The guy with the jet boat has a GPS on his steering wheel, and runs like hell out of the turns and sandbags the course. I was thinking of running along with some friends, but after last week I think we will forget it. The comp jet has the nozzle up so high it is a weapon.
    The guy with the red biesemeyer ran really good, but bent two rods and killed some pistons after getting hosed dowm ; and he has his scoop facing backwards. It takes a lot of water to do that damage. I'd run if it was propeller boats against prop boats, but I raced Jets for several years and don't want to go backwards. Lots of bad feelings after last weekend in the nostalgia class. I like the idea but why play on an un even field, for a 25 cent trophy. Just my 2 cents.

circleboatKIDD
    There was even a superstock runing in that class and I know he wasnt going 70 we had the radar gun out I also had a buddy ready to run intill he saw that jet going out, I thought they werent alowed

LeE ss13
    That was the SS 8 boat. He was a rookie and just wanted to get more seat time. He ran SS, PS, and signed up to the Nostaglia class on Sunday for more time. There was a neat mix of boats for that class. Monday I will post a few pics of some of the boats.

GN117 Big Dawg
    LeE SS13, Hi Larry, did you get my E-mail? Thank you for your very kind thoughts and words. John is home now,and immpatiently trying to conveles. I stopped by there today to visit and told him of your E-mail. Thanx again, Gary.

LeE ss13
    Gary ...
    Just responded to his post. Great to see that he can post. Thanks for the E-Mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast