Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Parade Havasu

Riveratz
    For the night of the parade are there usually a lot of people on the shore with boats? Should you launch early or? Been many years since I have been there for that. I have heard that last year was not that good but my son will get a kick out of it.

riverroyal
    it was blowing hard,only 12 boats I think.Plus it was freezin

Havasu_Dreamin
    If the weather holds, it's great. Last year was real cold and real windy which was no fun at all. I personally think it is better to just sit on shore without the boat. Take down a portable firepit some grub and you are good to go. I heard they have something like 60 boats signed up this year.....

HavasuSelect
    I heard they have something like 60 boats signed up this year.....
    Wow, that's quite a few boats. I was considering putting the boat in but I think I'll take your advice and just sit on shore.

GHT
    I heard this year there are going to be more Rhinos than boats....

Phat Matt
    I heard this year there are going to be more Rhinos than boats....
    And one Artic Cat.

Kilrtoy
    And one Artic Cat.
    Why GHT is not going, I know BIGDOUG is :boxed:

RiverRatMike
    should be nice and cold for the parade. Thurs and Friday the lows are in the low 30's here in Havi. But I'm still going to go watch it.

voodoomedman
    Hoping it works out and we can go. Will just drive down to the channel. I still don't understand the channel mentality with boats. Go through all the trouble of launching and stuff just park the boat in the channel. If I need music in the channel I can take a boom box, I can also take a cooler and a couple of chairs for a lot less trouble and expense than pulling out the boat, launching, retrieving and then doing all the cleaning. If I put the boat in the water it is to actually go boating.

a catered life
    Hoping it works out and we can go. Will just drive down to the channel. I still don't understand the channel mentality with boats. Go through all the trouble of launching and stuff just park the boat in the channel. If I need music in the channel I can take a boom box, I can also take a cooler and a couple of chairs for a lot less trouble and expense than pulling out the boat, launching, retrieving and then doing all the cleaning. If I put the boat in the water it is to actually go boating.
    agreed 100%

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast