Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Superdave!

Only 5 hours 'till we're outa here for the Roadster Show, but since everything is done and I can breath again, I have to thank Dave at Sweet Performance for all the help, the great product he carries, and not getting pissed off when I just happened to "drop by" and need a couple more hoses assembled. I would not have been able to do this car without people like Dave that stepped up to help make my dream come true. You too Vic!
    http://www.roostwear.com/roadster/board.jpg

superdave013
    Oh how bad a$$ is that?? All I can say is the best part of doing this is that I can get involved in cool projects like yours. (On someone else's dime helps too ) The next high end project coming up is a race boat we are doing in that ultra light weight Brown & Miller stuff. It's what all the NASCAR and F1 guys run and you don't even want to know what that stuff costs.
    Now the bad part is the shop is open on Saturdays so I can't hit the roadster show today.
    But anyway I really did enjoy working with you. Glad to see it done but sad that ya won't be stopping by as much. Anyway thanks for the props and please take lots of pics at the show. I would like some for the web site if that's ok.
    I have some new things cooking that will be of intrest to the jet boat clan as well. I don't want to spam it here but when the time comes I will ask Hammerdown if it's ok to do a press release type of post. It will be ready in a few weeks.
    Thanks again for the biz Mike and enjoy the show!

victorfb
    Superdave does it again. for those of you that dont know, dave @ sweet performance not only has a great product line at unbeatable prices, but he will also go the extra mile for ya. if you need lines made he can and will help with that to. im glad to hear im not the only one that shows up at daves door step at night yelling "hey dave, i need some AN fittings". which reminds me too, thanks Mrs superdave for being such a great sport about that. what a cool lady.
    Mike, that was way cool of you to add my name on the board. thanks man. i better get some pics of that.

superdave013
    Victor, I've had a store front for some time now. So if you ever need that 9PM fitting fix you better call me first and I'll take some home with me. lol
    But ya, thanks to you and to many other "jetters & HB peeps" to list I've at least made it this far.
    Don't sell yourself short on the fab work you did for Mike. You're a class act and deserve to be on that list for sure.

victorfb
    the show was awsome. mikes rod looked incredible. there were some insane cars there, but in the T bucket class id have to say mike (roostwear) blew em all away. good job mike. and congradulations on the restoration. be proud.

This is a shot early in the morning. This was the most sun the paint saw all day... kinda pissed me, 'cuz this paint just LOVES sunlight. I can't really say how the roadster ranked against other cars... I'm kinda biased
    They made us drive all the way around the fairgrounds to get back to the trailer, and I'm glad they did. The sun was just starting to go down, so I turned on the headlights. We "idled" between the buildings and past the main entrance. There were people lining the road taking pictures and hopefully one of them shows up somewhere. Nothing compares to idling past a ton of people occaisionally barking the zoomies! Add the echo from the buildings and it was unreal. Next year I WILL be inside... with the roadster AND the '68. Anyone have a 2 car hauler I can rent?
    http://www.roostwear.com/roadster/gnrs1.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
    How cool is that ???
    I am very happy for you Mike.
    I am glad it all came together for you.
    Wow !!!!
    http://www.roostwear.com/roadster/gnrs1.jpg

HOSS
    You mean to tell me that superdave actually twisted a wrench? Did you get a visual of this or just a verbal? :coffeycup

superdave013
    You mean to tell me that superdave actually twisted a wrench? Did you get a visual of this or just a verbal? :coffeycup
    BRF at it's best right there. lol
    Hoss, don't let them kid you man. I picked up one of the day labors from in front of the Home Depot to turn the wrench. LMAO

HOSS
    There ya go. There` s heck of alot of `em here now. I`m thinking of getting some myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast