Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all, noob here, just wanted to introduce myself

jj9150
    Just wanted to say and say thanks allready for all the info in this jet section. my jet pump killed the thrust bearing and proceeded to destroy the impeller right at the end of summer last year and knowing about as much about jet pumps, as i do about chinese poetry, i turned to this forum for some help, did a few searches learned a couple tricks and my boat is on its way back together, and will be ready for the summer! here a couple pics of it out at lake mead.
    Take care everyone!
    http://www.sincityfords.com/jj/boat1.JPG
    http://www.sincityfords.com/jj/boat2.JPG
    http://www.sincityfords.com/jj/boat_roost1.JPG

Konabud
    Welcome! Nice ride!!

IMPATIENT 1
    SWEET RIDE!WELCOME TO ***boatS :rollside:

jj9150
    Thanks!
    BTW, i am sure you could tell (KONAbud), but for everyone else its a 73 KONA it has minor built 454 +.030, solid lift, intake, blah blah blah.
    its a fun toy, I like when i get the look from the rich kids out at the lake that have thier brand new 40,000.00 dollar boats and they look at mine like its the titanic....mainly i like to give the look right back to them when they are hammerin down on their throttle and the 4000 dollar titanic is drivin on by!
    i dont win all of them....but i win enough to keep me grinnin! :crossx: especially when next month comes around and i dont have to make a boat payment!

IMPATIENT 1
    Thanks!
    BTW, i am sure you could tell (KONAbud), but for everyone else its a 73 KONA it has minor built 454 +.030, solid lift, intake, blah blah blah.
    its a fun toy, I like when i get the look from the rich kids out at the lake that have thier brand new 40,000.00 dollar boats and they look at mine like its the titanic....mainly i like to give the look right back to them when they are hammerin down on their throttle and the 4000 dollar titanic is drivin on by!
    i dont win all of them....but i win enough to keep me grinnin! :crossx: especially when next month comes around and i dont have to make a boat payment!
    JJ ,JUST BECAUSE THERE'RE RICH DOESN'T MEAN THEY HAVE CLASS! I'D RATHER HAVE YOUR KONA THAT HAS CHARACTER AND PLENTY OF CLASS THAN A 40,000.00 "LOOK AT ME" BOAT.NICE TO MEET YA,I CAN SEE YOU'LL FIT IN WELL HERE.

GUGS102
    I get a kick out of the 40K boats, but have a lot of fun with the 80K boats that will only run mid 60s to mid 70s. Granted I can't run it in 3-4 feet of water like they can, but I love to drive around them and wave.
    The "spud missle" does not look like it should run as fast as it does ( I think that's the best part.)
    For those of you who are saying - how fast is it? consider it weighs right at 2000 Lbs with full fuel and still runs over 75 with a shot pump while breaking water just behind the dash! Pump is at the shop currently and set up coming to get it out of the water. Has TT headers and single carb.
    I'm not the fastest, but go past many with TRs and OT headers.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28P5130331.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28P8150443.JPG
    Can't wait for more suprised looks this year when I get the rest of the combo set up.
    Gugs

jj9150
    i am right there with ya man i love drivin away from the big dollar boats with a nice "wall" of water trailing behind me! (i can almost hear their bubblehead girlfriend saying "thats cool! how come your boat doesnt do that!?) :crossx: its also nice being able to winterize the boat and leave it "shut down", without thinking to myself "damn another payment due and the boat hasnt been in the water in 2 months!"
    thanks for the welcome guys!

shootingstar72683
    Hi my friend. Hope to see more of you. Don't look slow to me!!

hey jj , I have a splash of a kona I guess and seein that picture of it sittin in the water at mead gave me that funny feelin in my tummy. me and a house boat full of friends go to mead every year for (4) days and it is gonna kill me not seein my cruiser out there. Anyways gorgeous ride and I'm savin that pic.

jj9150
    hey jj , I have a splash of a kona I guess and seein that picture of it sittin in the water at mead gave me that funny feelin in my tummy. me and a house boat full of friends go to mead every year for (4) days and it is gonna kill me not seein my cruiser out there. Anyways gorgeous ride and I'm savin that pic.
    and I, my friend, will be saving a pic of your avitar
    hahaha
    thanks for the comments guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast