Thread: tuning Holleys

kgeeeee
    Does Holley make any kind of instrument that lets you know if you carbs are tuned perfectly. I have dual 850's reworked to 1150 cfm

Snowboat
    It is the engine when on a dyno. You'll need to ask more specific questions concerning your setup. Sounds like you might need a local guru to help you.

Timer
    What about those venturi meters that I used on my old Healy when I was a kid? Maybe someone makes something similar that would fit over the much larger air horn of the Holley. There could be sealing problems with something like that used on the Holley so it wouldn't be possible to measure air flow effectively.

78Eliminator
    Originally posted by Timer:
    What about those venturi meters that I used on my old Healy when I was a kid? Maybe someone makes something similar that would fit over the much larger air horn of the Holley.
    That's a good question. Anyone know? I would love to dial them in and match the vacuums....
    Justin

Boater Bill
    What's wrong with using a vacuum gauge? I don't think anything will be perfect as temp, air density, gas etc changes all the time but you can get close with the proper tools and knowledge.