Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio amp input?

shadow
    Do any of you gurus know anything about any of the following amps?
    How do they rate?Good bad or indifferent,Run of the mill,are they along the same quailty lines with say Alpine,Fosgate,Kenwood,Pioneer,Kicker?
    MA Audio
    Soundstream
    Hifonics
    Boss Audio

shadow
    wheres Shockwavebob,Riverbound,Roz & HH when you need them?

riverbound
    Just saw this.
    Give me a second to write up a response.

riverbound
    Do any of you gurus know anything about any of the following amps?
    How do they rate?Good bad or indifferent,Run of the mill,are they along the same quailty lines with say Alpine,Fosgate,Kenwood,Pioneer,Kicker?
    MA Audio
    Soundstream
    Hifonics
    Boss Audio
    MA Audio= generally will be a mid quality line, but I have seen some pretty decent sounding systems built around their stuff and they seem to do pretty well in the dollar per watt category
    Soundstream= The higher end stuff does really well. and I was pretty succesful in the past with their stuff.
    Hifonics=Old school technology and very ineficient. depending on application woudl not be a good choice
    Boss= Swap meet brand, evne thought they have better dist. channels now and are more popular. they still are at the lower end of the Spectrum.

shadow
    MA Audio= generally will be a mid quality line, but I have seen some pretty decent sounding systems built around their stuff and they seem to do pretty well in the dollar per watt category
    Soundstream= The higher end stuff does really well. and I was pretty succesful in the past with their stuff.
    Hifonics=Old school technology and very ineficient. depending on application woudl not be a good choice
    Boss= Swap meet brand, evne thought they have better dist. channels now and are more popular. they still are at the lower end of the Spectrum.
    Thanks Bill!Thats the info i'm looking for.By the way not for the boat.I ran across a line on a bunch of different brands and these are a few i haven't heard of.

riverbound
    Thanks Bill!Thats the info i'm looking for.By the way not for the boat.I ran across a line on a bunch of different brands and these are a few i haven't heard of.
    No problem...BTW I will be up there for the light parade on Sat. hope to see you guys out there.

shadow
    Give me a call,we will be around 486-7399
    What amps would you perfer out of kenwood,fosgate,alpine,pioneer,soundstream,phoenix gold,kenwood excelon

riverbound
    What amps would you perfer out of kenwood,fosgate,alpine,pioneer,soundstream,phoenix gold,kenwood excelon
    They are all pretty decent.
    In order of best to worse In my opinion.
    Fosgate
    Kenwood Excelon
    Phoenix gold (pretty much same level as Kenwood Excelon)
    Alpine
    soundstream
    pioneer
    kenwood
    I will give you a ring when we get up there.

shadow
    Cool & thanks for your input.See you this weekend.

Cole Trickle
    I don't have any first hand experience but the new Alpines are supposed to be sweet. Small and great power with less battery drain.
    Mock is runnig them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast