Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio amp input?

sigepmock
    Yeah I'm very impressed with the new Alpine PDX amps...all digital so you can run them longer with less power drain and the power output seems to be very clear and strong. Mach26 is running 6 of them in his F32 and he's only running three batteries.....his is insane loud and he's had no issues so far.
    Let me know Darrel and I can hook you up with Dave if you don't have a source already. These amps have changed my opinion about amps in general....I'm very very impressed.
    Chris

Beer-30
    Remember too, that some MFGs are specific to a purpose.
    IE:
    Fosgate has always been know for PUNCH stuff and hard-hitting indestructable bass.
    Eclipse, Zapco, PG, always known for clear, clean voices and highs.
    That's just one small set of examples. Several other brands for both purpose.
    I have all Eclipse for head unit, paragraphic, component speakers and amp for same.
    Fosgate amp / speakers for bass.
    All just turned 8 years old and have not replaced a single component.

thmper321
    I actually Represent PG and yes they are very good for clear sound. I worked at Alpine and the PDX amps are very very efficient. My friend who still works at Alpine will be installing these in his boat this off season. Hifonics amps use unregulated power supplies and needs good high voltage to make power so not so good for boats. Rockford has powerful amps but very inefficient which is also not so good for boats. Any of the amps that use the ICE technology, like Alpine would be a good choice for boat systems. I don't think Alpine is the only one but they are the manufacturer I'm most familiar with that uses the ICE technology. Just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12