Thread: When is it time to rebuild a blower?

Dragboat Dad
    We have a Littlefield magnesium 1271 on gas 25% over. The clearance at the bottom of the housing and the nylatron is .005" to .006". The one thing I'm concerned about is the teflon in the valleys of the rotors has some rough edges and mild scoring, I don't know if this is normal wear or a red flag. If a rebuild is in order, who does everyone use?
    Thanks, Tom

Fiat48
    Normal and as long as the blower turns over nicely don't worry about it. If you have REAL tight spots in turning the blower over...then send it to the blower shop. If you are worried about every bit of boost you can possibly get..then send it to the Blower Shop. Otherwise...drive her on.
    Be sure to get talk to Eric at the Blower Shop if you do send it in.

Dragboat Dad
    Thanks for the info Fiat 48. It does have a very mild tight spot. It was working very well for the previous owner.

Shallow Minded
    I just got mine rebuilt at Supercharger USA. Tim did a real nice job, pretty reasonable. I wouldn't be afraid to use 'em again.

Jerrys59
    Thanks for the info Fiat 48. It does have a very mild tight spot. It was working very well for the previous owner.
    Loosen up the blower bolts and re tighten while you spin it over by hand maybe the tight spot will go away.