Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schiada boat questions.

beaverretriever
    I know nothing about these boats. I always hear talk on hear about them. I'm assuming they have been around for a long time and are expensive.
    The styling looks out of date to me. Maybe a better way to put what I just said is that they look retro or vintage. Is that part of their charm? This is my main question.
    What is the major draw to these boats? Quality, build quality, rigging, old school looks, fast hulls or all of the above? Give me the major ones.
    When a thread comes up and there is mention of this boat, I never hear why people like them. I have never heard anything bad about them.
    The 24 Mini Offshore is kind of cool. What does one of those with good power like a 525 Merc run?
    Thanks in advance.

Outnumbered
    I know nothing about these boats. I always hear talk on hear about them. I'm assuming they have been around for a long time and are expensive.
    The styling looks out of date to me. Maybe a better way to put what I just said is that they look retro or vintage. Is that part of their charm? This is my main question.
    What is the major draw to these boats? Quality, build quality, rigging, old school looks, fast hulls or all of the above? Give me the major ones.
    When a thread comes up and there is mention of this boat, I never hear why people like them. I have never heard anything bad about them.
    The 24 Mini Offshore is kind of cool. What does one of those with good power like a 525 Merc run?
    Thanks in advance.
    They are classic and very well-built. They have been around since the 60's I believe. You really have to ride in one to appreciate the ride quality and solid build. I don't think the hulls are especially fast but they are solid and always seem to have big power in them. I think they proved themselves racing in the early days. I know they were big with the speed ski racers that would run them to Catalina and back at 70+. Good solid classic boat.

bordsmnj
    all of the above.
    100k at least
    go to boat show and have a gander at the inside of the engine compartment.
    you don't get the stuff at auto zone. they are built by hand. twice. i could go on and on, but like any boat they are not for everyone.

Beer-30
    They are legendary. One of those boats that you can eat off of any part of it, including the bilge when they are built. Everything to perfection and overbuilt.
    You could take their smallest boat and forage through whipped up seas and expect to come through it. YOU may be black and blue, but the boat will be unharmed.
    Very stout and heavy.
    The 22s and 24s are the classic shape and molds. Their new '32 is new and contemporary.

jbtrailerjim
    I've never ridden in one but I've definitely drooled on several at the boat show's over the years. There style is definitely old school looking with the exception of the 32 and that huge 40ft or whatever it is. I'd love to own an old river cruiser or the 24. The only boats I have seen (IMO) that are even close to being as well built, is a Howard or a DCB.

Schiada76
    Post this in V-drives and see what response you get.
    I myself am a little biased.

blackcloud75
    New???????Depends on the power.......HP525 roughly $110,000-$130,000 depending on your taste.....Schiada only does 10-14 boats a year....expect 10-14 months wait from time of order
    I hear someone has a thread on one .............
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139624

burtandnancy2
    Beaver, if you want to see several examples of what a well built Schiada looks like, just drop by Dunsmore's in Boulder City, he maintains a few used in racing and just completed a real beauty for one the the Herbst's (it will be in the boat show in LA starting this week-end). I ski raced them for years, both the 20 and 21 and they are unique in so many ways. They seem to work rigged for V-drive and I/O, but they really like and can handle a lot of horsepower. They are hard to find used and usually carry a high resale...

Riverkid
    so...

vee-driven
    here you go, 1976 schiada, 21 footer, 1300hp twin turbos and nitrous,
    v-drive, and for sale. ex ski racer, turned river rocket.
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...54964565_l.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast