Thread: Havasu this past weekend

dimarcobros
    We went to Havasu this past weekend and boy was it blowing. We went down to the springs for lunch on Saturday and it was closed due to a private party so we made the haul back to the channel. We went up to the Brew Co to watch the USC game and then made our way back to the boat to watch the light parade which was canceled due to the wind, I am guessing cause we didn't see any boats. Luckily we had a cooler full of booze to keep us entertained. Anyway on Sunday we were taking the boat out and I noticed a red marker floating about 300 yards out from crazy horse as you exit the channel. Anyone know what this was all about? I think it was to mark where a boat had sunk but it was still to windy to go check out. We wanted to get the boat on the trailer and back inside where it was warm ASAP.
    DMB

Phat Matt
    There was a parade. And that was some of the roughest water I have been in. I launched my boat more than a few times.
    It was a lot of fun.

dimarcobros
    I guess we didn't wait long enough. I had 10 people in my boat and got it out of the water a few times as well.....not on purpose either. I wasn't hauling a** or anything.
    DMB

cc322
    Yep nine..(9) boats on Saturday, wind was disapointing but we had hot chocalate and peppermint schnaps to keep us warm. The village was decorated very nice and festive. Other then that a very cold weekend in Havasu, today on the way home was very nice.....seems like it always works out that way

Kilrtoy
    Yep nine..(9) boats on Saturday, wind was disapointing but we had hot chocalate and peppermint schnaps to keep us warm. The village was decorated very nice and festive. Other then that a very cold weekend in Havasu, today on the way home was very nice.....seems like it always works out that way
    WOW 9 boats sunk,
    I heard one was a large V from a big name company, that stufed the front end but was unable to confirm this

cc322
    There was a parade. And that was some of the roughest water I have been in. I launched my boat more than a few times.
    It was a lot of fun.
    Yep nine..(9) boats in the parade on Saturday, wind was disapointing but we had hot chocalate and peppermint schnaps to keep us warm. The village was decorated very nice and festive. Other then that a very cold weekend in Havasu, today on the way home was very nice.....seems like it always works out that way.
    A little clearer for ya

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    It was cold & windy!! That makes 2 years in a row...here's to 3 time is a charm!