Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush News conference...

HM
    But just because a guy is moderate does not mean he is an idiot.
    Sure it does!
    I voted for the guy - take him anyday over ANYONE on the left. I never said his political position made him stupid, I think he domonstrates through his lack of articulation that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. We have had a ton of chances to take the left to task on their hand wringing and accusations without merit, and continue to get pushed around.

HM
    I took issue with Shockwave Boob not because he disagreed with Bush, but because he ignorantly made some crack about Bush's intelligence or education, or lack of. Anyone can post a dissenting opinion. But when they do so with dishonesty or ignorance, I'll call them on it. The "Bush is stupid" bandwagon is full of the stupidest people on the planet.
    Am I the only one that laughs outloud when HR calls someone ignorant?

Seadog
    This seems too political not to be in another setting. If you don't like how Bush is doing, run for the office yourself. Tell me how he can not spend money? Look at the flak over not getting the Humvees bomb proofed immediately. He cannot afford not to give every support to the troops. Trying to provide additional security for every airport, port and major facility in the country is not cheap, but are you willing to let it skate? Add the chaos over Katrina. We will have to spend billions, but the public would crucify him if we don't. The government is already taking a lot of heat because we did not have the money to have everything ready for the event. Even when Bush does everything right, the Democrats will distort the facts to make him look like an uncaring idiot. They would rather plummet our country into a defeatist freefall so they can take over. They want everything to go wrong, so they can benefit at the cost to the public. Kind of hard to lead when you have a bunch of jackasses kicking their heels and knocking over the applecarts.

moneypit
    I use the analogy of a baseball team. If everyone on the team dislikes the manager, they will never win. It only takes a few ball players (usually the ones who don't tow there share of the rope) to f' up the entire thing.
    So if you are sitting at the end of the bench sneering and calling our coach names and trying to bring us down, get off the team. You arent doing anyone any good. You might want to try and pick up a bat and see if you can help the team out.
    Bush bashing does nothing for the team. Right or wrong you need to stand behind our elected leader. Its ok to question.
    Second hand knowledge or third hand knowledge is useless. Everything you see and hear is from the News. DO you beleive all that you hear? Howabout checking things out first hand before you judge?
    Isnt there a different forum for this political stuff? Now back to our regular programming.

Old Texan
    Any President gets far more blame than necessary when things go bad and far more credit when thing go well. Too many use the general media a reliable source of information. Today's media is driven by ratings and advertising dollars. Sensationalize everything and everyone in the business seems to be waiting on the big book deal to make a name and fame. Listen to them talk on a technical topic you know something about. They are completely ignorant of facts and blow everything out of context. And keep a secret, please.
    When the Enquirer becomes a credible source for information, you kow we're trouble.
    And I dam sure ain't voting for someone because he gives an articulate speech. Kerry was far more articulate but lacks commonsense, ethics, and sincerity.

Tom Brown
    Nice, 2 gold stars for you.
    I wish I could take back some of those red squares I hammered him so hard with back in the day.

Old Texan
    This seems too political not to be in another setting.
    Let's see how many of the faint of heart follow along in here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123