Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting ski pole

MKEELINE
    I want to mount a ski pole behind the backseat on my cruiser. I've seen lots of pics of boats with them mounted on the transom and a few mounted to intercoolers, just not between the backseat and motor. I'm thinking of connecting it to the motor/trans plate and to the heads. I'm curious if anyone else has done it and if so how.
    thanks.

Wildchild80
    I want to mount a ski pole behind the backseat on my cruiser. I've seen lots of pics of boats with them mounted on the transom and a few mounted to intercoolers, just not between the backseat and motor. I'm thinking of connecting it to the motor/trans plate and to the heads. I'm curious if anyone else has done it and if so how.
    thanks.
    Mounting a ski pole can be very dangerous. Jetboat guru is the expert on "mounting" a ski pole. He loves pole

Itsahobby
    Mine is mounted between the backseat and the motor, actually it is mounted to the bell housing. I will try and get some pics and post them up. Prolly will have to wait until tomorrow night.
    To be honest, I don't like the way mine is setup, but it may give you an idea.
    Jerry
    thanks.

Racey
    Seen it done a couple boats, just gotta remember to watch the line from gettin caught on the flame arrestor, my buddies boat is like that and he's come close to wasting that thing on more than one occasion.

MKEELINE
    Mounting a ski pole can be very dangerous. Jetboat guru is the expert on "mounting" a ski pole. He loves pole
    I knew when I was typing this that it should have been worded a little different. If there's pics of this I'd prefer not to see them, it might burn my retinas out.

lilrick
    I knew when I was typing this that it should have been worded a little different. If there's pics of this I'd prefer not to see them, it might burn my retinas out.
    hehehe! I was thinkin' you need lots of lube, and the squating gravity- feed position may work well!!!

MKEELINE
    Seen it done a couple boats, just gotta remember to watch the line from gettin caught on the flame arrestor, my buddies boat is like that and he's come close to wasting that thing on more than one occasion.
    This is a twin turbo boat, so the flame arrestor shouldn't be an issue. It will have an engine cover also.

lilrick
    riverdave did a bitchen one in the how to section.(I think)

sawtooth
    This is the way my boat is set up, mounted to the front of the motor and then to a plate on the floor that is connected to the stringers. I can email somebody pics for posting if anyone is intrested, also you are welcome to this setup I have as I will be pulling it out (between Xmas & New Years) and going with the transom mount type . I will be keeping the pole to reuse so that is all you would need (just a piece of alum. tube). I should also mention that my boat is an IO so it IS mounted to the front of the engine. Good luck.
    Chris.

MKEELINE
    riverdave did a bitchen one in the how to section.(I think)
    I've been following that deal and it looks trick(everything RD does turns out that way). But, it's INSTALLED(not mounted)on the transom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast