Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XR Imco 525 or 575 I am Confused

zbestfam
    I bought a deck boat without an engine or drive and I am looking at all of the options and cant figure out what I should do. I dont have 40k to spend on a drive and engine package but need one to make the boat go. I could use some suggestions. I have surfed the net and it has just made it worse. Need some help Plz. the boat is a 28' cat deck boat it has never had a drive or motor so the back is not cut yet.
    Thanks again in advance,
    zbestfam

Phat Matt
    What deck boat is it and how fast do you want to go?

zbestfam
    it is a Aftershock 282 I would like to go about 70 to 80 its a family boat
    zbestfam

Beer-30
    525 / XR.
    Turn key, Warranty.

Phat Matt
    525 / XR.
    Turn key, Warranty.
    You should be within that speed with that set up depending how loaded down you are. If you can afford it, that's what I would do.
    Good luck.

Havasu47
    I bought a deck boat without an engine or drive and I am looking at all of the options and cant figure out what I should do. I dont have 40k to spend on a drive and engine package but need one to make the boat go. I could use some suggestions. I have surfed the net and it has just made it worse. Need some help Plz. the boat is a 28' cat deck boat it has never had a drive or motor so the back is not cut yet.
    Thanks again in advance,
    zbestfam
    The only way you are going to get away with a complete engine pakage for less than 40K is to search around for a used take out when someone has upgraded to bigger power and drives. I dont think you will find a new setup with warranty (525 pakage for example) in the price range you mention. Good luck in your search.

paradigm shift
    Thanks again in advance,
    zbestfam
    Try looking over here. Great people here on HB but these guys do lots of upgrading and have more of what you are looking for in parts. Shop around there are deals out there if you have cash.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/index.php?
    Your best bet is someone upgrading and this is a good time of year to be looking. I agree on the 525 but they can be pricy. A 496HO would be a nice package but not as fast. Are you looking for something with a warranty? If not there are many motor options open. Just remember you do not need just a motor but all the rigging to go with it which is why a take out motor can be a good value as you get everything if you shop right. Sounds like a great project and good luck.

Phat Matt
    Here you go. 575 w/ XR for $30k.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8413.html

zbestfam
    Thanks you guys I could use some more links and any other suggestions.. What about a non EFI motor??

Phat Matt
    Thanks you guys I could use some more links and any other suggestions.. What about a non EFI motor??
    Last time I checked that 575 was not EFI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast