Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Holley 750's on a 540

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Would dual holley 750's that have been worked fill the needs for a 540?? Rpm range will be 5800-6k. Aluminum heads,13-1 comp, and a solid roller. Just trying to figure out why someone said to go with dominators

think you mean dominator(single). Stay the hell away from dual doms, they will drive you nuts and the throttle response can get insane even with " soft progression" you have four 2" blades opening at the same time. My preference would be the two 750's over a single dom, but some disagree.

GofastRacer
    Do the math!..
    theoretical cfm = rpm x displacement / 3456

WETTE VETTE
    I run 2 Nickerson Stage 5 1050's on my 10:1 598 and they work great! Throttle response is very crisp above 3000 RPM and they idle better than the single 1250 I replaced. I gained 4 MPH going from a single Nickerson stage 5 1250 on a Dart intake to the 2 1050's on the Dart TR. That said I'm sure the 750's would work nicely! Why only 5800 - 6000 RPM?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Why only 5800 - 6000 RPM?
    More than 6k. It in a jet and I want it reliable I hate doing things twice. Lower rpm's = low maintance

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Do the math!..
    theoretical cfm = rpm x displacement / 3456
    937.5 cfm is what I came up with. Now wouldnt that be @ 100% VE? Naturally asp motors are around 88% efficient arent they??
    I spoke with a guy today and he stated that dominators would feed more air and that cubic inch mill needed it. Then he also said call the carb guy(braswell) and ask them.

steelcomp
    MIchael, there's more to feeding an engine than what it's numerical cfm requirement is. The 750's would work just fine, but IMO, you'd be leaving some HP on the table. That being said, you're not looking for every last pony for racing, and the drivability will be better. Two 1050's would work just fine, but they can be a handful if you ever have to tune them. The two 1050's on my 467 are hybrids...they're actually a combination of two different carbs which addresses some of the drivability issues of 1050's, but none the less, they work awsome. Hit the button, the motor strarts instantly, idles very well, instantaneous throttle response and very driver friendly at the lake. We had to make one jet change and one air bleed change on the dyno and they were dialed. Definately not too much carb, as many said they would be. Many just don't understand carbs.
    Use the 750's on an edelbrock intake and you'll be very happy.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    MIchael, there's more to feeding an engine than what it's numerical cfm requirement is. The 750's would work just fine, but IMO, you'd be leaving some HP on the table. That being said, you're not looking for every last pony for racing, and the drivability will be better. Two 1050's would work just fine, but they can be a handful if you ever have to tune them. The two 1050's on my 467 are hybrids...they're actually a combination of two different carbs which addresses some of the drivability issues of 1050's, but none the less, they work awsome. Hit the button, the motor strarts instantly, idles very well, instantaneous throttle response and very driver friendly at the lake. We had to make one jet change and one air bleed change on the dyno and they were dialed. Definately not too much carb, as many said they would be. Many just don't understand carbs.
    Use the 750's on an edelbrock intake and you'll be very happy.
    Sweet, I have a weiand t-ram and want to keep it. It was polished and then jet hot coated so I have some coin in it and its puuurdy. Im not looking for quarter mile hp. My goal is 825hp with this 540 at 13-1 comp but reliable

steelcomp
    Sweet, I have a weiand t-ram and want to keep it. It was polished and then jet hot coated so I have some coin in it and its puuurdy. Im not looking for quarter mile hp. My goal is 825hp with this 540 at 13-1 comp but reliableThat Weiand will cost you...maybe as much as 35-40hp over the Edelbrock. (maybe more on a 540)
    Just FYI. It would be a shame to see you go to all the expense of a nice motor and drop an out-dated sub-par intake on it just 'cause it's purdy. :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That Weiand will cost you...maybe as much as 35-40hp over the Edelbrock. (maybe more on a 540)
    Just FYI. It would be a shame to see you go to all the expense of a nice motor and drop an out-dated sub-par intake on it just 'cause it's purdy. :idea:
    Are you serious?????:cry: :cry: :cry: Whats wrong with the weiand? Please clarify for me scott. I really want to know cuz I have no idea
    Should I but a $4500 sheet metal t-ram just kiddin' scott

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast