Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Motors does listen

PHOTOGLOU
    Got a request the other day from No Regrets (Brian) on the boards for a 2LT new body HD Silverado with Navigation..... Told Brian it was not available and that LTZ's were the only one that could get it..... Brian wasn't happy with that answer but said "ask" and if not he would order a LTZ..... Well I asked and was told not an option. Then asked them to "ask" why..... Then was told because of the different interiors from LT to LTZ LTZ navigaton wouldn't work. Got a E-mail today..... It will be orderable in the next 30 days... I think it will be slightly different like the one's in the 06 Suburbans ( which I have and works great) but it will now be an orderable item.....
    Hey guys, I have their attention..... Anything else we want to see different?
    I don't know if I had much to do with it BUT the 07 HD's with the 6.0L will now have a non Allison 6 speed auto transmission.... With 353 HP and 373 ft. lbs. this motors should tow ALOT better,andalmost as good as the 8.1L, but get much better gas mileage......

OGShocker
    I may have to go with the GAS version. I don't think I can wait for the FUEL model. :cry:
    I will need that Diesel Sub' in a couple of years.. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Moneypitt
    I remember when you could order anything in anything. Like a 2X4 09 in a Biscayne, no radio, no lighter, but 425HP in the lightest body available at the time.........Oh yeah, with the "sleeper" 3 on the tree...............MP

OutCole'd
    I sure wish you could lease at truck to me in Nevada.

2Driver
    I don't know if I had much to do with it BUT the 07 HD's with the 6.0L will now have a non Allison 6 speed auto transmission.... With 353 HP and 373 ft. lbs. this motors should tow ALOT better,andalmost as good as the 8.1L, but get much better gas mileage......
    I'd have to say my 6.0 vortec max in the 4x4 1500 LT is great. Towing is a night and day difference, lot of punch and gets 19MPG on the hwy when not towing. When I am not towing or running up hills I just put in regular unleaded and it's happy.
    Wish list? The high output 6.0 and Allison (or at least the HD tranny) in the Avalanche.

BigDogIvan
    This is some good info. Since I just bought the wife a Tocoma it will be a couple years before I can see a new truck with that extra pony in the 6.0. :cry:

PHOTOGLOU
    I'd have to say my 6.0 vortec max in the 4x4 1500 LT is great. Towing is a night and day difference, lot of punch and gets 19MPG on the hwy when not towing. When I am not towing or running up hills I just put in regular unleaded and it's happy.
    Wish list? The high output 6.0 and Allison (or at least the HD tranny) in the Avalanche.
    Comming soon

NOTALENT
    Hey Jay, how do the new Chevys look in person?? I wasnt to fond of the pics.....

I know what I would ask for......

PHOTOGLOU
    Hey Jay, how do the new Chevys look in person?? I wasnt to fond of the pics.....
    Great other than the wheel gap on the rear tires...... If your going to lift the truck it makes it easy BUT if you are going to leave it stock I think it is a little to high in the back end.... GM says that is for the higher towing capacity....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast