Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd love to forget the last 30 days

NorCalCat
    Wanna talk about a bad month... I go in for back surgery on Nov. 11, two weeks later go back to the ER room because of hrible abdominal pain to find out I have testicular cancer as well. Had surgery for that one week ago today. I start chemo on Monday for four months.
    Anyone on here ever gone trough chemo? Not looking forward to it, I hear it is a real nasty time.

Windy
    I wish you the best...my younger brother went through chemo for a year and a few months.

ratso
    Wanna talk about a bad month... I go in for back surgery on Nov. 11, two weeks later go back to the ER room because of hrible abdominal pain to find out I have testicular cancer as well. Had surgery for that one week ago today. I start chemo on Monday for four months.
    Anyone on here ever gone trough chemo? Not looking forward to it, I hear it is a real nasty time.
    Dang man... good luck with it all. I have yet to go through anything like that, but during the rough times that I have had, this place is one of the best "boosts" I get to help me through the day.

Mrs Luvnlife
    Wow, Eric so sorry to hear this. My Dad went through it about 6 years ago and also just a couple months ago. The first scenario was much different than the most recent. He had good days and bad days. This past episode was kind of a walk in the park, they have so much more medicine for alot of the side effects. Thank god, today he is 100% free of malignant cancer. Just fight the hell out of it and keep your head high! We are thinking of you and your family and wish you all the best :clover: .

Water Romper
    It’s always hard when you hear the word “cancer” . The fear of the treatment can be as terrifying as the disease it’s self.
    Cancer treatments are different for each individual; I have had cancer (Melanoma) for 2 years now and plan on living until my 90’s. My Chemo was not fun yet it was tolerable. The interferon was the same, not fun but you do what you got to do. My hair DID NOT fall out, I was not horribly sick and I never missed work (except for the surgeries)
    Make sure you talk to your oncologist, ask him all the questions you have and let him/her know how you feel. Also ask about holistic therapy that works along with your treatment, it will do wonders.
    Your life is NOT over; this is just a slight hiccup. Remember, you need to stay on top of your treatments and don’t miss your Dr. appointments.
    You will be amazed how well you will adapt to this, and if you’re a family man, you will understand how precious life is and don’t sweat the small stuff.
    You will be boating for many years to come.

OliverM5
    Sent you an IM.

THOR
    Good luck brother. Keep your head up.

Ryphraph
    I only know chemo from a second hand point of view as I sat with my wife when she went through it. As stated already,each person will experience it differently and it depends on what you are prescribed.
    Looking back, it goes by quickly. Just keep in mind that it will be a distant memory one day.
    Hang in there!
    Ryph

bunny 166
    OMGosh, I'm so sorry! What a month is right! Just do exactly what the doctors say and keep up the fight--you'll be feeling like your old self in no time....Hang in there...:clover: :clover:

Kilrtoy
    Keep the faith and keep your head up. Its gonna get harder before it gets easier.
    BEST OF LUCK AND WISHES

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast