Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has a HONDO PANTERA T-DECK

Sticky Fingers
    I have a canam t-deck that is of the same mold as the hondo pantera. I am just curious if anyone has one and what it took to get to the mph they were running. Slow or fast I want to know.

sanger mike
    you got a pic of that turd. :hammerhea

BrendellaJet
    Lets see pics of the transom.

wsuwrhr
    BGMAN here on the forums has a Pantera T deck I think.
    His is a V-drive though.
    Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    BGMAN here on the forums has a Pantera T deck I think.
    His is a V-drive though.
    Brian
    BGMAN has a GT deck XH511 Brian. The Pantera was a jet, the GT option was also called the Bubble T deck by some.
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...0Ads%20011.jpg

BrendellaJet
    I've got a Brendella with the Panterra bottom. I have no idea how fast it is because its been in pieces for the last few years, but I've been told by more than one knowledgable source that its capable of triple digits. As I recall I was told they had seen the particular hull go to 107with no violent handling to speak of.
    Does your boat have a delta pad?

wsuwrhr
    BGMAN has a GT deck XH511 Brian. The Pantera was a jet, the GT option was also called the Bubble T deck by some.
    OK, like I said, I think.
    I talked to his dad for awhile at Big River and I thought that is what he said.
    Brian

Duane HTP
    We used to race one of those boats back in the 70's. Our son Doug, drove it and took the SDBA Comp Jet Champoinship in 1979. It was a boat named "MELLOW YELLOW" and ran 111 mph. We were probably making 750 or more HP. Jet boats have come a long way since then. It was a good ole boat, but there are many jet boats out there today that are a lot easer to make go fast. They are tough though. I barrel rolled it above 100 mph once and I broke more body parts than the boat did. HA!

daddy b
    My 78 Centurion has the hondo bottom, brendella bubble deck and I love the boat, it's a medium to light layup. Quick but no tach or gps @ 70 with mild 8.5 cr 468. WOT turning is a definite spinout.:supp: :sqeyes:
    Had a bass boat walk away from me the other day.:hammerhea Sooooo my guess is more power, 600 hp would be better.
    You guys post some pics, brendella jet, pantera......

sanger mike
    My 78 Centurion has the hondo bottom, brendella bubble deck and I love the boat, it's a medium to light layup. Quick but no tach or gps @ 70 with mild 8.5 cr 468. WOT turning is a definite spinout.:supp: :sqeyes:
    Had a bass boat walk away from me the other day.:hammerhea Sooooo my guess is more power, 600 hp would be better.
    You guys post some pics, brendella jet, pantera......
    daddy b your boat damm near looks like a sanger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast