Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiberglass Shotgun Scoop

tittyman
    Which one of you fiberglass guys out there can make a fiberglass scoop that looks just like the Injegster or the Shotgun scoop out of fiberglass for a reasonable price...it does not have to have the operational butterfly openings like the shotgun...just look like the shotgun scoop...how much would it cost..it has to be a lot less than the 350.00 they get for the polished shotgun scoop at Speedwaymotors.com

BrendellaJet
    would need an actual scoop to sacrifice as a plug, build the mold, & then the part. Would likely cost more than buying the real thing. Why bother?

would need an actual scoop to sacrifice as a plug, build the mold, & then the part. Would likely cost more than buying the real thing. Why bother?
    Sacrifice?
    Nothing gets ruined when making a mold. It's very a easy easy thing to do. Hell, I took part in popping a mold off a rented car once. Piece of cake.

tittyman
    It would have to be by someone who is in the fiberglass buisiness...making fiberglass parts...scoops...etc...it would not be a one time thing..it would be another product that could be added to there line of products...someone who already makes fiberglass scoops..it would be a great looking scoop at a more than reasonable price..

IMPATIENT 1
    development cost wouldn't be nothing compared to the demand for "new" style scoops. there's nothing new out there in the fiberglass scoop market that really catches the eye anymore. if i had the skill ,i'd absorb the cost of the alum. scoop for the mold, and laugh all the way to the bank!! be a real seller i bet.

moneysucker
    When you look at the price of a fiberglass scoop from summit or jegs and the paint and bottom plate and zues fittings you might as well go fot the aluminum one. I decided to go with an injection hat to save $ over carbs and a scoop. Just another way to go.

DUECE'SDAD
    Im interested in building the shotgun scoop if you guys can let me know who or how many wants them !!! It would definately help on set up cost as far as plug and mold work like the other guy spoke of but if i can get 5 or so of you interested in them i can get the cost down. Let me know what you guys want and if you want the same size of a little smaller or little bigger. Im thinkin flat base like the other scoop that i build that way you dont really have to spend all the money mentioned for mounting base and such. Dustin

tittyman
    How much do you think each one would sell for...and then what would be the additional costs if you wanted a little bit of paint..

41willyscoupe
    Hey Men..... I make fiberglass shotgun scoops.... I made the molds from my shotgun years & years ago! I dont make the butterfly plates or the rod that goes though that hold them on, only the scoop and carb mounts..... I sell then fresh out of the molding needing finished , mold seames sanded etc..... or finished and primed ready for paint. $200.00 raw or $250.00 finished... I also sell fiberglass Hilborn style, Rat Rod 60s dragster style and a few others. ....
    Thanks
    Go Fast Fiberglass Baltimore & West Grove PA

OverKill
    Im interested in building the shotgun scoop if you guys can let me know who or how many wants them !!! It would definately help on set up cost as far as plug and mold work like the other guy spoke of but if i can get 5 or so of you interested in them i can get the cost down. Let me know what you guys want and if you want the same size of a little smaller or little bigger. Im thinkin flat base like the other scoop that i build that way you dont really have to spend all the money mentioned for mounting base and such. Dustin
    Im In let me know how I can help.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast