Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NJBA Lake Elsinore walk thru this Saturday ...

Well ... interest in having a race there started last year ... and I guess the rumor mill has been spinning out of control so I will let the truth be told.
    After submitting our dates to Kern County Parks and Rec. ... they returned the dates that NJBA could use Lake Ming. The Dates between the April race and May race only have one weekend inbetween. We cannot have races that close together.
    We are looking at one of two options, cancel the May race or find another location. Since the Elsinore project was already in the works ... we started looking into it being held there. I investigated 4 other lakes (Chowchilla, Castaic, Puddingstone & Camp Far West) ... none that would work out for NJBA ...
    We are meeting this Saturday at a warehouse offered up by River Redy Steve's Father in Law (Skip - (951) 813-9835) in Lake Elsinore where we would be staging for the race. All volunteers are asked to come out to see if this is someting that they are interested in helping out with. We will be meeting up at 8:45am this Saturday and heading over to the lake channel where the race would happen. The hole thing shouldn't take more than a couple of hours ... should be done by 11am or 12pm.
    The address of Skip's warehouse is:
    535 Birch Street, Lake Elsinore, 92530
    I can e-mail you exact directions if you would like ... just PM me your e-mail address ...
    I want to make sure that everyone understands that we have not confirmed this yet, this planning is still in it's infancy ... it needs to have the commitment of at least 15-20 volunteers and to be approved by the board members during the Feb. 7th board meeting. This is just the first step in trying to make this happen.
    Brian

Tommrow morning is the meeting ... who's gonna be there?
    8:45am at:
    535 Birch Street, Lake Elsinore, 92530
    1. Busby (Brian)
    2. Cyclone (Mike)
    3. cs19 (Chris)
    4. River Redy (Steve)
    5. Skip (River Redy's Father-in-Law)

FuelInMyVeins82
    Brian Ill be there if you need me. We might as just car pool seeing as you live a few minutes from me.

MikeF
    See you @ 8.
    Hope some of this support brings some racing back to SoCal. Mine being moral at this point in time, cause that's all I got right now. :rollside:

Bobbo541
    Hey Brian if it wasnt so far from the bay area (norcal) I would be there. I hope everyhting goes well.

Bobbo541
    Are there any nice hotels to stay in by lake elsinor

I'll get all of that info for you Bob ... right now we're seeing if this'll even be possible ...
    BB

Bobbo541
    Thanks Brian sounds like the President of the NJBA is hard at work.

sorry i couldnt make it guys. was running a 101 deg. fever when i got up. getting up and driving to elsinore was not an option.
    Im still up to volunteer to make it happen.
    so how did it go?

cyclone
    It was my first time going back into that channel and it looks like a great place to race. plenty of room to shut down too. I think a TFH could even run there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast