Thread: Block off for timing cover pump drive?

Infomaniac
    Does anyone know where to buy a block off for the timing cover pump drive? I am taking the pump off and I do not want to change the cover until I have the engine out next.

Sangster
    Try Rex Marine...

superdave013
    Info, Send me a drawing of what you need and I'll make you one. If it's just a round plate with the hole pattern for an Enderly style pump I don't need a drawing.
    Gotta a big batch of my world famous Casale Top bearing pullers in the works now. When they are done I can do that for you.

Infomaniac
    superdave013:
    Info, Send me a drawing of what you need and I'll make you one. If it's just a round plate with the hole pattern for an Enderly style pump I don't need a drawing.
    Gotta a big batch of my world famous Casale Top bearing pullers in the works now. When they are done I can do that for you.Thanks SD. I will need one within a week. I was hoping for more than just a plate. I need to plug the hole so the cam button will have something to push against. Currently the pump is doing that function. I had to cut all the ears off the impeller so it would build some heat. Ram pressure alone works for now.
    If I do not find anything, I might run it as is and have you build me one. I was wanting to re do the water system.

superdave013
    It sounds like you will need someone to make that. I would be shocked if you found it off the shelf. But you might. It still sounds like a pretty simple part. The offer is still there if ya need it.

mtnspan
    I had a machinist friend of mine turn one on his lathe. He used 3 inch aluminum roundstock and turned it down so that there is a step that fits into the cam hole, that keeps the cam from running out.Trace a pattern out of paper for the bolt holes. It worked well and looks pretty good too!

Infomaniac
    Thanks Guys,
    SD I might take you up on that. I have a few friends around here that can handle it. Getting them to do it is a different story. Was in a hurry is why I was looking to buy one.