Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which clamp on muffler? IMCO or Gibson

JMC
    Looking for some 4.5" clamps ons. Looking at the IMCO Gattlin muffler and the Gibson clamp on bullet muffler. The Gibsons are almost half the price and I am wondering why..... Anyone have experience they want to share on these? Thanks!

Beer-30
    Looking for some 4.5" clamps ons. Looking at the IMCO Gattlin muffler and the Gibson clamp on bullet muffler. The Gibsons are almost half the price and I am wondering why..... Anyone have experience they want to share on these? Thanks!
    I have the 4" strap-on (joke) Gibsons - but have not used them.
    One thing I know, is the Gibson's will most likely make you legal - depending on how much HP you are pushing. The Gatlins - although much more aggressive looking - will not make you legal. If I had a lot of HP, I would try to get away with the IMCOs, but if you are looking to be legal and not worry - it would be the Gibsons.

OutCole'd
    I have the Gibsons on mine and my only complaint is my boat sounds like a Honda accord now. Real quiet.
    Easy install, and very little drop in performance. 2-3 mph.

JMC
    There are no sounds laws down here in the south. Im just wanting to take a little of the obnoxious sound out of the picture. Running a 598 with a 10/71 @ 8 lbs. Its just too loud with open headers after dark around the docks.

HALLETT BOY
    I have the Imco Gattlins, I'm still not legal but they do take the bark out...I'm
    running 565 inches, n/a

DUCKY
    I am not sure where you live where there are "no sound laws", but when my family and I used to live in Ohio, we were booted off several lakes (Cumberland and Dale Hollow to name a couple) for excessive noise, and that was in the 80's. Anyways, I have sold and installed several sets of the Gibsons, and the are a quality piece at a fair price. And don't fear, your blown 598 will not sound like a "Honda Accord"....

P-Money
    I run Gibson Bullets on mine. Quiets it down, but not to the point that it doesn't sound mean. I'm happy with them. Have not been pulled over and checked yet, which I am assuming is a good thing. Running a 496 / 8-71 / 8lbs of boost.

LITTLE D
    How much power or rpm loss did you notice.

3:30dirty
    runnin a blown 572 with Gibsons..sounds good and did not notice any power change. Had EMI mufflers in the past. They suck. Just my 2 cents.

JMC
    Thanks to everyone that chimed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast