Thread: new project

smokinjoe
    well this is it. anyone know how to tell what weight this hull might be? im thinking about pump set back and bottom work then paint and pump and then my blown 511 chevy. and be on the water this summer.

flat broke
    well this is it. anyone know how to tell what weight this hull might be? im thinking about pump set back and bottom work then paint and pump and then my blown 511 chevy. and be on the water this summer.
    This is just a guess, but judging by the stringers it's probably not a "light weight" race deal. That being said, the best way to find out how much weighs is to put it on a scale. If there is no motor or pump in it, its pretty easy with a boat that size. Trailer it down to your local truck scale and weigh the boat and trailer. Then tow it home and use a come-along or similar means to pull the hull off the trailer. Wrap carpet around the rear of the trailer for when the hull slides on it. Go back to the scale and weigh the trailer by itself. The difference between the two numbers is your hull weight with whatever was in it when you had it on the scale. A hull of that size should be fairly easy to get on and off the trailer if it's empty or close to it.
    Good luck with your project, and you better get crackin cause summer has a way of sneaking up on us.
    Chris