Thread: Hyper-tech 3

jamessampica
    For sale HYPER-TECH 3 for a 2000 5.3 or 7.4 GM work's great.I sold my truck.$250.00 plus shipping.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...r-tech0001.JPG
    JIM S
    P.S.If interested e-mail me or call me at 602-448-9374.It saves you fuel and gives you more HP.

jamessampica
    No taker's on this great deal?It will save you money on gas.
    JIM S

Bobbo541
    Jim how much did it save you in gas, i have an 04 gmc 5.3 i used my hypertech on but i havent seen any difference in gas milage.

jamessampica
    Jim how much did it save you in gas, i have an 04 gmc 5.3 i used my hypertech on but i havent seen any difference in gas milage.
    On my 7.4L Dually GMC i gained 4 miles to a gallon.

ChumpChange
    Go jump into the Sandbar with this and look for the thread where the guy is asking to take his governor off. This item has been recommended to him many times.

SnoopJonnyJon
    My father has a 98 3/4 ton with the 7.4. A 4mpg improvement would pay for itself in no time. My question is if the programmer has the stock, or Hypertech curve in it. My understanding of those programmers is that when you install it in your truck, the stock curve is transferred to the programmer. that way you can put the stock curve back on if you ever want. And if you reinstall the stock programming, the Hypertech program goes back onto the programmer. I believe there was an article in Hot Rod a while back that said to make sure anytime you take the truck to the dealer make sure you reinstall the stock programming, because when the computer is reflashed for codes, the programming is lost, leaving a controller with stock programming, and the truck with stock programming. Then you gotta go buy another controller.
    The reason I bring this up, is that if you installed it on your truck, and then figure you can sell it off, I'm not sure it will work for the next guy as it could just have the factory programming on it. I could be wrong though, as I really don't have any experience with them and am only going off what i think i remember, which could be wrong.

jamessampica
    My father has a 98 3/4 ton with the 7.4. A 4mpg improvement would pay for itself in no time. My question is if the programmer has the stock, or Hypertech curve in it. My understanding of those programmers is that when you install it in your truck, the stock curve is transferred to the programmer. that way you can put the stock curve back on if you ever want. And if you reinstall the stock programming, the Hypertech program goes back onto the programmer. I believe there was an article in Hot Rod a while back that said to make sure anytime you take the truck to the dealer make sure you reinstall the stock programming, because when the computer is reflashed for codes, the programming is lost, leaving a controller with stock programming, and the truck with stock programming. Then you gotta go buy another controller.
    The reason I bring this up, is that if you installed it on your truck, and then figure you can sell it off, I'm not sure it will work for the next guy as it could just have the factory programming on it. I could be wrong though, as I really don't have any experience with them and am only going off what i think i remember, which could be wrong.
    What you are saying is correct.But when you program the setting's you want off the programmer in the vehicle and then you want to go back to the stock setting they are stored in the programmer.So you don't lose them they are alway's in the programmer.I picked the setting i wanted to use in my truck and when i needed to take it in for work then i would just reprogram the stock setting'd back in it.It store's your stock setting's and it only takes 10 minutes to reprogram your computer back to stock and then you can use it again as long as the stock setting's for that vehicle is put back in then it can be used on another vehicle.I hope this helped you to understand it.If not you can call me on my cell#is 602-448-9374.
    JIM S

ChumpChange
    So you sold your vehicle stock correct? Thus making the programmer available for another vehicle?

jamessampica
    That is correct.I'm glad you understood that because i wrote it and i did'nt.
    Yes that is correct it is ready for another vehicle.Just like brand new.
    JIM S