Thread: where to find rebuildable 502

Makin' Do
    Someone told me that there is an advertisement in Hot Boat for guaranteed rebuildable 502 engines for $500. I can't find a magazine anywhere so could some one tell me what the ad says and a phone number would be great. Sorry the guy was pretty vague about the ad he just said that it was in Hot Boat.
    Thanks guys,
    Matt

Tahiti Day Cruiser
    I read ***boats regularly and have never seen that post but if you find a rebuildable 502 for $500 let me know and I'll buy two. Considering that the block isn't cracked http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Makin' Do
    The guy said the were mercruser test motors that some thing had happened to but when machined to .060 would be ok.
    Matt

Rocket
    Look in the back in the classifieds the 502 short and long blocks are pretty well priced long round $5000. If youre looking at reubilding one that is probably a minimum for what your gonna put in a block that probably has no warranty against being cracked. Just put my personal block back together salvadged block, crank, rods and heads and still dropped 6 Gs eek!
    Rocket