Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercy Air 2

UtlGoa
    Rest in peace Paul, the world is not going to be the same without you. I'm going to miss you!

Beer-30
    Uh oh. Did we have a Medi-Vac go down?

73kona455
    Three die in Mercy Air crash
    Helicopter returning to SCLA from Loma Linda before going down
    Tatiana Prophet December 11, 2006
    CAJON PASS — A Mercy Air helicopter crashed in a remote area east of Interstate 15 Sunday night, killing all three crew members on board.
    Mercy Air 2, which has carried so many injured patients to urgent medical care, was based at Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville. It was coming back to Victorville from Loma Linda University Medical Center.
    At about 6 p.m., drivers on I-15 began calling emergency services to report seeing an aircraft go down and a large explosion east of the freeway, north of Highway 138, said Tracey Martinez, spokeswoman with the San Bernardino County Fire Department.
    Martinez did not release crew member’s names, pending notification of family members.
    Fire Captain Pete Lawson of Fire Station 319, said firefighters were waiting at the station to learn what was going on and that they were all in shock.
    “It’s kind of like not even real,” he said. “We can’t believe it because we just talked before they left.”
    Officials with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were en route to the site on Sunday night, as well as of- ficials with Rialto-based Mercy Air Services Inc.
    The fog, already heavy Sunday evening, grew heavier after the accident, and temperatures were quite cool. The accident started a small brush fire, but the area was so remote that officials were not able to bringin a fire engine, Martinez said.

Beer-30
    Bummer.

Kachina26
    Right by my house, very sad deal. Sorry for your pain, UtlGoa.

squirt'nmyload
    it's always sad to hear when we lose the people that help us people when we are sick and injured

BajaMike
    So sad.....

Mattman
    R.I.P from all of us in the law enforcement community.

whiteworks
    One of my clients is a pilot for mercy air out of victorville. I always think of the risk he takes on a daily basis whenever I see them flying by. These guys are the kind of people you want on your team. Really a bummer when bad things happen to good guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast