Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GM stereo: LOCKED...help???

al cole'holic
    ...I took a 6 dick in dash head unit from an '06 GMC truck and put it into an '06 GMC work truck/Skaug body special...well the deck worked when I plugged it in and turned the key on, however after the truck was started it locked itself...any idea how to unlock the unit..??..also half of the volume dropped out, so when you turn the volume to 1/2 it's pretty much off..??..

racecar.hotshoe
    the code should have been on a sticker on the radio when you got the truck.

Do F150's Float?
    ...I took a 6 dick in dash head unit...
    Hahahaa..... :cry:
    ...sorry...couldn't help it...

RAZORSHARP
    ...I took a 6 dick in dash head unit from an '06 GMC truck and put it into an '06 GMC work truck/Skaug body special...well the deck worked when I plugged it in and turned the key on, however after the truck was started it locked itself...any idea how to unlock the unit..??..also half of the volume dropped out, so when you turn the volume to 1/2 it's pretty much off..??..
    May or may not work. Sometimes there is a sticker with a code around the dash or console. Have seen them on the bottom of pull out ashtrays.

24sleekenforcer
    The vin and options are programed in the radio, need to take to the dealer to program to the truck you put it in.

BajaMike
    Quit stealing radios......

J/K
    :rollside:

al cole'holic
    Quit stealing radios......

J/K
    :rollside:
    I've tried, but I can't...I make a good living on eBay.

al cole'holic
    I think I got the code....do you just punch it in or what?? Sorry, trying to splain it to someone on the road as it's not here..

sigepmock
    I think I got the code....do you just punch it in or what?? Sorry, trying to splain it to someone on the road as it's not here..
    Best way I've seen to handle it is to get someone with a Tech II to reprogram it with the new vehicle VIN. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    Check out www.dieselplace.com, in the audio section there's a dude who must be a GM electronics man because he knows those radio's in and out. Even can tell you the wire colors.
    Good Luck,
    Chris

HOOTER SLED-
    Call the dealer. They MAY just give you the code. If not, you can take it there. Takes 2 seconds if you got the code.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast