Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GM stereo: LOCKED...help???

JetBoatRich
    Sounds like you had a simple idea to improve your work truck radio

JAY4SPEED
    Note to self....Self, contact JAY4SPEED on any Chevy related problems I might have. :rollside:
    Luckily, your not a Ford guy, or you'd be too busy for me to get hold of you.
    You ought to see the ribbing I get for driving a F-150 to work everyday at a chevy dealer. Before that I drove a Ranger to work everyday...lol
    Hey, if I can help you out just give me a shout. I work at a Chevrolet store but can usually help with any GM product. Electrical / Electronic systems are my speciality in particular. I've got both ASE and GM mastertechs, very shortly will be a GM World Class tech. All those fancy words just mean I don't work for Pepboys......
    Jay

JAY4SPEED
    Take it to the dealer...they will charge you between $50-75 to fix it
    $25.00 cash and I'd have ya running down the road jamming to the tunes.....Thats the friends and family plan....
    Jay

riverroyal
    tranny will go next week :rollside:

al cole'holic
    ...well I got the code that was on the radio, but it has a 9 in it..??..I read the manwell and it said something about the radio being married to the VIN...whatevertha****...some things are just not worth going nuts over :yuk:

1Shockwaveguy
    ...well I got the code that was on the radio, but it has a 9 in it..??..I read the manwell and it said something about the radio being married to the VIN...whatevertha****...some things are just not worth going nuts over :yuk:
    The code I am talking about it something you pick. Something you will remember to reset/restart the stereo. If the truck lost power the radio would lock thinking it was stolen and that code restarts it. I had to do it a bunch of times with my old one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123