Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailers

Community
    Looking for feedback on Ellis Trailers. Anybody here buy one recently? Seems like I see a ton of Extreme Trailers. Just wondering about quality, fit and finish and customer service? Seeing how a new one costs more than I have ever paid for a boat just wanted to do some homework.
    Thanks.

THOR
    I have had Extreme and Competitive. Both were great. But, the competitive was a triple axle and towed awesome. Also, the Comp. was much heavier as well. I am happey with my Extreme now though too.
    One additional thing, I would suggest NOT going with the 'oil bath' hubs. They work fine, but are much harder to work on. Just my opinion.

TheCarDudes
    I have the Ellis on my Howard. Tows great. Love it!
    FYI - I think Ellis trailers is out of business. Their main # 818-361-4011 is disconnected. I think they closed a month ago.
    I heard that a few boat manufacturers (including Howard) have had to scramble and get some Extremes built right away to just deliver boats on time.

RitcheyRch
    Seems more and more trailer mfgs are going out of business. My buddy, Chuck Gunther closed Ultimate Trailers a few years ago.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I've used Extremes.
    Could never get any customer service.
    They fell apart and the powder coat peeled after a year or two.
    Not really impressed, but figure all the builders are about par with them.
    Freshwater use only and had some serious rust issues too.

Hustler
    FYI - I think Ellis trailers is out of business. Their main # 818-361-4011 is disconnected. I think they closed a month ago.
    I heard that a few boat manufacturers (including Howard) have had to scramble and get some Extremes built right away to just deliver boats on time.
    I think your right. I drive by there every day and have noticed in the last couple weeks that the shop doors are never open. I know Bob was doing pretty bad and his son had taken over and was'nt running things very well.

Hustler
    My buddy, Chuck Gunther closed Ultimate Trailers a few years ago.
    That was not because of lack of work. It's to bad because they built a great trailer.

RitcheyRch
    Chuck was going through a NASTY divorce. He should re-open now that his ex-wife remarried. My ex-wife is good friends with his ex-wife.
    That was not because of lack of work. It's to bad because they built a great trailer.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Ellis is out of business. Closed up shop a few weeks ago, fired all of the employees. Delayed our boat delivery as the builder had to switch over to Extreme.

xs ultra
    My Extreme is built great .What I don't like is the way they paint them.
    Fnish is good but it seems to rust on the step plate area from bad prep work.
    3year old trailer and had to sand and paint a few areas.Again a well built trailer .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast