Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Lakes

SHOTKALLIN
    Which lakes are the party spots in Texas? Do Texas lakes have speed limits? Where do the big boys play with their toys? Conroe, Norman, LBJ? Are there any cats runnin in Texas or is it just jet boats and bayliners? For those of us in Cali that don't know...educate us. Maybe this thread will wake up the central section.

Evin Rude
    Lake Texoma has pretty much everything you are talking about. Plenty of room to run. Several party beaches on the islands near Highport Marina. It aint Havasu or LOTO but still pretty nice with some good action most summer weekends.
    ER

bwillieb
    ..............The reason no one is awake in central is that we're tired from warding off all that 'dueling banjo' stuff............What about lakes in Oklahoma?.........I need lakes where you can run hard (with baffles),........that are more water than alcohol............and the beaches are lined with beauties........or any thing close.............

SHOTKALLIN
    good luck on that one. I have not heard much aboat oklahoma.

kcvega
    ..............The reason no one is awake in central is that we're tired from warding off all that 'dueling banjo' stuff............What about lakes in Oklahoma?.........I need lakes where you can run hard (with baffles),........that are more water than alcohol............and the beaches are lined with beauties........or any thing close.............
    Depends what kind of boat you've got. And I thought it wasn't so much the dueling banjos but cowboys fighting the indians.

borderlinecrazy
    Texas is a very large State with many,.......many lakes, rivers and some ponds are the size of lakes in other states. You can find whatever kind of water and boater you want, but you may have to travel a few hours to get there. I went to a boating event at Lake Texhoma last year, put 1,200 miles on my truck and never left the State. We boat hard, party hard and stay hard in Texas, so come on over and find some water.
    Visit www.Texas***boats.com for all the info you want about boating in Texas.

jdf
    Texas is a very large State with many,.......many lakes, rivers and some ponds are the size of lakes in other states. You can find whatever kind of water and boater you want, but you may have to travel a few hours to get there. I went to a boating event at Lake Texhoma last year, put 1,200 miles on my truck and never left the State. We boat hard, party hard and stay hard in Texas, so come on over and find some water.
    Visit www.Texas***boats.com for all the info you want about boating in Texas.
    well put

1slowboat
    couldn't have said it better

Red Horse
    Backin up what the other Texas boys said. Got everything the West coast has, except one thing. More places to do it in. Possum Kingdom, Texoma, Travis, Amistad, Whitney, LBJ, Several lakes around DFW area, then we have the salt water as well. Texas has a large expanse of bay area and the intercoastal. Not all offshore like the west coast. Come check it out. If you want a crowd, you can find one. If not you can get away. I have boated both.
    4th of July at Possum Kingdom, (PK to the locals) has a great party place. It is called Hell's Gates. This guy lives in the cove (nice house on about 2 acres), puts on a fireworks show, has a band come out, Budlight sponsers a vollyball tourney, he flies people in his helicopter over the crowd to take pictures and says anyone that wants to crash at his place can do so if they had to much to drink. Last time I went it was 1999. About 600 boats there. good times.

kcvega
    Yeah, yeah everythings bigger in Texas.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast