Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Radar Ticket In Tempe AZ!!! Anyone know how to Fight them

hondajoey
    Got a Ticket in the mail yesterday and wanted to know if anyone has fought one with any luck, I was going 50mph in a 40 (Allegedly), in Tempe AZ off Rural South of University by one of the vans that parks on the side of the road and takes photos, Bastards have a good pic of my face is the only problem, looks like I will have some Saturday school coming up.

shadow
    I heard about someone getting a photo ticket in the mail.
    He took a picture of the cash (fine) and sent it in.
    They sent him back a picture of handcuffs.

Jordy
    You could always go the route of not responding to it, however they will attempt to serve you in person and if they find you, you then have to deal with the ticket as well as pay for the process server. If you read the fine print on the ticket, by responding to it and signing it, you're acknowleging the improper service and waiving your rights. The USPS loses all kinds of mail on a regular basis. They have 120 days to find you or the ticket has to be dismissed.
    Or so I've heard.
    p.s. Tempe always has one somewhere on Scottsdale Rd right around campus.

JB in so cal
    LOL!
    I also heard they're snapping away in Scottsdale. 2000 tickets the first day. Anything over 10mph above posted...

hondajoey
    yea it was just south of university on rural road, they must of had goten a few when i passed by because i was the slowest on the road usually, f-ing jerks.

Jordy
    I alos heard they're snapping away in Scottsdale. 2000 tickets the first day. Anything over 10mph above posted...
    That's on the 101 freeway. Scottsdale has had PR for years. They've got red light cameras that will also take your picture if you're 10 over on a green light. It's all revenue. The 101 freeway is the latest in the quest for revenue. They have 3 cameras on the stretch from Scottsdale Rd to Raintree. One of the news channels was reporting on it yesterday and said if you went through at 76 and got hit with every camera you'd have 3 valid tickets. Seems to me that would be triple jeopardy if they were all issued at the same speed. Going to have a series of wrecks when people lock up the brakes for the cameras. It's already started.
    BTW, the speed limit there is 65 and the cameras flash at 76. They're giving warnings for the first month then the warnings stop and the dollars start rollin' in.
    Oh, and much like Cali, if not rush hour, doing 65 will get you run off the road. Average speed there is around 80 or so, and at that I've been passed like I'm standing still.

hondajoey
    LOL!
    I also heard they're snapping away in Scottsdale. 2000 tickets the first day. Anything over 10mph above posted...
    Yep on the 101 in Scottsdale it looks like a pileup when everyone slams on there brakes when they get up to them

slink
    plastic surgery

Throttle
    now, that is funny!

rollin24/7
    Got one of those myself a couple years ago. If your guilty then just pay the fine. I'm pretty sure paying the fine through the mail, will be a lot less expensive then driving out there and fighting it. I was guilty of speeding and that is what I did. Just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast